Additional Locations: Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana
Primary Locations: KY, Frankfort, 306 West Main Street, Suite 512, 40601
Requisition ID: 163044
DRG is looking for Telecom Aerial Installers who will be responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with standard industry practices in the construction, maintenance, and removal of overhead telecommunications. This position will be responsible for use of ladders and various specialized equipment in an outside fast paced work environment. DRG Telecom Aerial Linemen install, operate, maintain, inspect and repair CATV lines to include Strand, Fiber and Coax. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operate testing equipment to remove non functioning overhead telecommunications wires.
- Locate/troubleshoot telecommunication cables and wires.
- Perform maintenance on telecommunication equipment.
- Operates ladders, signal level meters, volt meters, and test equipment.
- Operate communications devices in accordance with company policies.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner:
- Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- Utilize and become proficient with tasks, tools, test equipment and information that will enhance business results.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policy.
- Completes paperwork, time sheets, test results, vehicle inspection, and logs.
- Assists other team personnel in the performance of their duties when requested to promote a team approach to problem solving.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to DRG policy or the customer special request.
- Report all personal and vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperate and assist in the investigations.
- Assists with job site setup.
- Operates equipment safely in a variety of urban and rural areas.
Education and Qualifications:
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within utility or telecommunication clients service territory.
- Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week.
- Compensation based on experience and travel flexibility.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%