The Analyst III/Customer Engagement is a seasoned individual contributor responsible for a wide range of activities pertaining to energy efficiency related Customer Engagement activities at Southwest Gas Corporation.
This position will interact with Regulation/Energy Efficiency, Energy Solutions, Customer Engagement, Customer Solutions and Operations to facilitate the program design, outreach and training of key stakeholders on Energy Efficiency (EE) programs. The position will also be required to interact with customers, general public, trade organizations, other utilities and other stakeholder groups relevant to developing and utilizing the programs. This position will focus on collaborating with Regulation/Energy Efficiency and other stakeholder groups to ensure the EE programs and measure offerings are aligned with Company strategies.
This position requires four to six years of relevant work experience plus a bachelor’s degree in Customer Engagement, Business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job responsibilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Build interdepartmental relationship with Regulation/Energy Efficiency, Energy Solutions, Customer Solutions, Customer Engagement and Operations.
- Solicit and analyze input from Regulation/Energy Efficiency, Energy Solutions, Operations, Customer Engagement, and work closely with Regulation, to facilitate the proposal of new rebate programs.
- Stay abreast of programs offered by utilities and evaluate the impact of their programs on our business.
- Build a deep understanding of the residential and commercial markets in AZ, CA and NV to identify rebate opportunities to support energy reduction and continued use of natural gas
- Analyze and prepare recommendations for management and Regulation/Energy Efficiency on EE programs and rebate offerings/modifications, events, sponsorships, and opportunities including creating and executing customer engagement EE plans
- Analyze market conditions and EE opportunities, evaluate, and recommend potential new customer EE outreach programs and existing EE program modifications to support energy reduction and continued use of natural gas
- Collaborate with Regulation/Energy Efficiency on program design and modifications
- Develop deep relationships with Energy Solutions team and their customers to understand program needs in order to shape program specifics
- Solicit/identify new programs and measures to offer for multi-state EE programs
- Design and create shell of programs, recommended budgets and provide energy savings data for recommended measures to EE for them to develop new program proposals and run cost effectiveness tests
- Develop training content and conduct training to Energy Solutions, Customer Engagement, Operations and relevant interests groups.
- Assist EE with gathering information to respond to data requests and testimony
- Monitor participation rates of programs and adjust as needed to achieve success
- Attend trade ally industry meetings/events to build relationships and gather industry information and data needed to design programs (IAPMO, SNARSCA, ESC, SNHBA, HBACA, AZMTCA, etc.)
- Build relationship with peers from other utilities in order to identify best practices
- Responsible for all outreach, outreach budgets and outreach accountability (print, web, paid digital, e-blasts, social posts, media placement, press releases, banners, events, radio spots, paid TV segments, internal communications, etc)
- Work with Energy Communications to provide content for Sustainability Report and ESG reporting.
- Develop strategies and proposals in support of EE programs that increase customer engagement, customer acquisition, and growth of Company’s market share
- Establish and maintain relationships with key personnel/decision makers in big box retail stores, appliance manufacturers and distributors to develop energy efficiency related initiatives and co-op opportunities
- Perform site visits to retail stores across all service territories to conduct educational workshops and provide materials about natural gas and Company EE programs to retail sales and management personnel
- Act as EE Programs subject matter expert and escalation point in support of the Call Center on calls regarding energy-efficiency related customer engagement projects, DSM programs and technical natural gas/appliance energy-efficiency related questions
- Consolidate, synthesize energy efficiency related information and deliver content in various formats such as PowerPoint, spreadsheets or written report
- Assist in managing energy efficiency related expenditures and budget allocations
- Handle special EE projects and perform high level analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare annual Energy Solutions/Customer Engagement three-year plan and quarterly variance reports related to EE programs
- Act as back-up to Administrator or Supervisor of Customer Engagement
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
$71,318 - $89,147