Aligned with Altria's Mission
, our companies are committed to reducing our businesses’ environmental impact and promoting the sustainability of natural resources.
We continue to make progress against our environmental long-term goals. To help us achieve these goals, our companies:
- implement environmentally- sustainable practices where possible;
- conduct business in compliance with applicable environmental laws, regulations, policies and company commitments;
- implement environmentally-sustainable practices where feasible;
- understand environmental risks facing our businesses and find ways to remove or reduce these risks;
- include environmental considerations into our business processes, like product design, logistics and mergers and acquisitions;
- expect our suppliers and partners to comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations, consider environmental impacts in business decision-making and promote conservation of natural resources;
- work with stakeholders to address environmental interests and grow partnerships to promote environmental stewardship;
- report our environmental progress internally to executive leadership and maintain external reporting on air emissions, energy, waste and water; and
- create an Environmental Management Framework to guide continuous improvement.