Additional Locations: NA
Primary Locations: NC, Wilmington, 3805 Wrightsville Ave. Suite 15, 28403
Requisition ID: 188509
Davey Resource Group, Inc. (DRG) is actively seeking a self-motivated, organized, and dedicated individual to join our team as an Ecological Restoration Engineer supporting our Ecological Restoration team. The selected candidate will be working out of our environmental and engineering consulting office in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The advertised position will assist the Ecological Restoration Group of DRG with tasks primarily associated with the development, implementation and monitoring of stream and wetland mitigation projects within the southeastern United States. These tasks may include, but not limited to the following:
- Stream and wetland mitigation design and assessment,
- Report preparation and technical documentation,
- HEC-RAS preparation and model analysis,
- Construction management of mitigation sites,
- Monitoring of stream and wetland mitigation sites
- Respondents MUST hold, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET college.
- Respondents should be a Professional Engineer in either North Carolina or South Carolina; or must be able to obtain registration in the Carolinas within six (6) months hire.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferred with training on natural channel design (Rosgen) and stream assessment.
- Experience developing, directing, and managing multiple projects, including experience creating and following timelines and delivering products and results in a timely fashion
- Experience in performing AutoCAD Civil3D focused work is required. Ideally, the candidate will have experience in engineering applications.
- Candidates should possess knowledge and experience in Hydrology, Hydraulics and open channels, Watershed hydrology, and Geomorphic processes.
- Candidates should possess skills in using additional office soft ware (Microsoft Word/Excel/Google Docs etc.),multi -tasking, and working cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to traverse difficult terrain for long periods of time,
- Ability to work in conditions that may include high heat indices, flowing water, saturated soils and interaction with wildlife.
- Ability to travel (stay overnight), commonly on short notice, for potentially several days at a time,
- Ability and willingness to interact with, and present technical data regarding mitigation to landowners of potential mitigation sites,
- Ability and willingness to perform various strenuous work activities in challenging conditions.
- A valid NC or SC Driver’s License.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%