Additional Locations: Virginia
Primary Locations: VA, Richmond, 717 N. Courthouse Road Suite 101, 23236
Requisition ID: 179557
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group (DRG) which has been employee owned since 1979. DRG specializes in managing the assets of utility companies by providing solutions focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career growth opportunities and we encourage you to join our dynamic group as a Construction Coordinator. Asset Management is currently seeking self-starters motivated by the type of environment that requires you to learn and develop new skills.
The role of the MRE Construction Coordinator will be remote with some travel throughout the state of Virginia. Traveling and lodging expenses are covered.
● Administer contractor performance for all projects and ensure compliance to all agreements and assist in various new and rebuild projects.
● Inspect all construction sites to ensure appropriate quality control on all processes and coordinate with various team members to gather all permits for projects.
● Able to manage multiple utility construction projects at one given time and prepare utility construction progress reports for all projects on weekly basis and manage all communication with contractors and project managers.
● Collaborate with project manager and resolve all queries for utility construction progress and ensure compliance to all safety procedures at site.
● Coordinate with material and supply chain management personnel to review all proposals and evaluate contract work and design all key result areas for various projects.
● Identify all pipeline and access road locations according to various specifications and engineering drawings and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws for various activities.
● Prepare various documents for all implementation of activities and ensure approval for same and assist to distribute all final documents.
● Participate in various project meetings and maintain records of all construction dates and project costs.
● Assist project manager and prepare schedule for all project deliverables and assist in close out process to ensure appropriate filing of all paperwork.
● Full comprehension of power distribution and equipment
● AutoCAD, SPIDAcalc, MicroStation, and or O-calc experience
● Ability to communicate drawing specifics to field teams as well as MRE staff and client
● Excellent communication skills in both proactive and reactive situations
Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement available. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%