Potential Energy Coalition
Associate Director of Compliance & Contracts
About Potential Energy Coalition
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges civilization has faced. Potential Energy Coalition (PE) - a registered non-profit - asks the question: how do we get everyday people to care about climate change and to learn how to take action?
PE has developed solutions to this critical issue by tapping the best minds in marketing, media, academia, and the creative industries to change attitudes and beliefs through innovative marketing campaigns. We create new narratives in order to get more people to care about climate change, and ultimately build demand for a better, cleaner, more prosperous world.
We make ads, build brands, advise decision makers, inspire business leaders, and do whatever it takes to create a culture that expands the size of the climate change movement. We are also building a unique, open-source industry-wide marketing capability, driven by cutting edge data analytics and consumer research. You can see examples of our work on our website and get a taste of our insights from our TED Talk.
The PE environment is a unique blend of non-profit mission driven work supported by a high caliber team that comes largely from the private sector. Many current staffers have strong backgrounds in advertising and media - that’s how we get our message out. We are also a close-knit, dedicated, and fun group of colleagues who strive to create a culture of support, opportunity, and inclusion. If this sounds like the right environment for you, come join us - we can't wait to meet the next member of the team!
Potential Energy Coalition is seeking a proactive, organized, and analytical leader to manage its compliance and contracts functions. Reporting to the Director of People and Operations, this hands on manager will ensure the organization remains compliant with a broad range of 501c3 and 501c4 regulations. The ideal candidate will also work with senior management so they remain informed of emerging regulatory and legislative changes and how they may impact the organization.
In coordination with the Director of People and Operations, this person will drive the development, implementation, and enforcement of effective compliance policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, in addition to managing the processing and execution of most contracts and legal agreements. They will provide guidance on ways the team can maximize efficiency as it relates to contracts and compliance processes and systems. Furthermore, they will develop a culture of compliance competency via procedures, resources, and team training, providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
· Manage processing and execution of most contracts and legal agreements; liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that contracts and agreements are mutually satisfactory and are issued, tracked and recorded in the Potential Energy’s records.
· In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, manage, track, and refresh policies on advocacy to ensure compliance with 501(c)(3) guidelines, including but not limited to activities related to federal, state, and local lobbying.
· Design and build proactive compliance roadmaps/plans for new campaigns, projects, and initiatives to ensure compliance with funder, IRS, and other regulations governing the work of Potential Energy.
· Initiate and manage development of risk mitigation audit, with support of outside legal counsel, and implement the ensuing plan.
· In partnership with the Development team, interpret overarching terms in grant agreements that will inform contractual relationships or partnerships i.e. GDPR requirements
· Manage insurance administration including renewals and state and federal registration compliance
· Assist CFOO as needed with preparation of materials for board meetings including roles and responsibilities of board members and updates on compliance monitoring.
· At least 7+ years of related work experience, at least two years of which include responsibilities related to federal or state nonprofit lobbying regulations and reporting and/or election law and FEC regulations
· Must have experience overseeing compliance and contracts for a c3/c4 nonprofit organization
· Track record of success designing and implementing programs/policies to ensure compliance with government and legal regulations
· Highly proactive and action-oriented; roll up your sleeves, self-starter mindset
· Superb communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization toward the strategic objectives
· A high level of adaptability, flexibility and fluidity
· Resourceful, creative and a strong problem solver with excellent leadership and collaboration skills
· A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
· High attention to detail; sound judgment and decision-making skills
· High integrity and a commitment to maintain confidentiality
· Familiarity of industry regulations related to marketing and advertising within a nonprofit context
· Experience managing contracts in business affairs and advertising industries
· Experience with talent agreements and licensing
· Experience with insurance policy management and administration
· Experience in data management
Compensation & Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join a rapidly growing organization. Potential Energy Coalition is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary of $150,000 as well as benefits from day one including:
· Robust medical insurance with 100% of premiums covered and $0 copays and deductibles (in-network)
· Dental and vision coverage
· Healthcare FSA
· 401K plan with up to 6% employer’s match based on employee contribution
· 50K Life insurance policy; 50K personal accident insurance policy
· Short-term and long-term disability
· Up to $1500/annual education reimbursement
· $75/month automatic cell phone reimbursement
· Up to $500 home office reimbursement
· Employee Assistance and Work Life Program
· Adoption Assistance
· On-Line Training (5000+ courses business related courses) & 25,000 Digital Business Books downloadable to your e-reader
Equal Opportunity Statement
Potential Energy is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan, nonprofit coalition that brings together America’s leading creative, analytic and media agencies to shift the narrative on climate change. Together, we are using the power of marketing to develop new narratives, engage new audiences, and build demand for a better, cleaner, more prosperous world. Potential Energy is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Potential Energy’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Potential Energy requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting Human Resources.
This position description is based upon material provided by the Potential Energy Coalition, an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply to this position, please click HERE.
Yasmine Coccoli, Talent Consultant
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!