Additional Locations: Not Applicable
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 295 S. Water Street, 3rd Floor, 44240
Requisition ID: 170341
Davey Resource Group is seeking a senior-level OH Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) to join our Kent, Ohio Office. The ideal candidate will share our passion for the ecological restoration of floodplains, streams, wetlands, and riparian habitats. Projects will include green infrastructure design, ecosystem restoration, resiliency planning, dam removal, and wetland/stream restoration design.
A Senior Design Engineer should have 8+ years of experience in fluvial geomorphology, sediment transport, stream and wetland ecology, and natural channel design. This position requires routine travel and fieldwork as well as proficiency with managing projects and project budgets. The ideal candidate will have experience in AutoCAD, stream restoration principles and practices, field survey and data collection techniques, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, environmental regulations, and construction oversight.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on sound engineering judgment and past experience.
- Ability to apply knowledge to a variety of assignments.
- Advanced level experience with stormwater regulations and practices
- Advanced level experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Advanced level experience with Hydraflow Civil 3D programs or similar stormwater management programs.
- Proficient with HEC-RAS
- Ability to provide guidance to junior-level staff on objectives, critical issues, and concepts.
- Ability to interact with internal staff, reviewing agencies and customers as needed on project-related issues.
- Ability to attend job-related meetings/conferences and be able to speak intelligently about engineering-related issues.
- Will consult with supervisor on unique, unusual problems and developments
- As experience expands, will play a role in collaborating on new or improved techniques and procedures on complex projects and assignments.
Required Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university.
- PE registration required or the ability to obtain within 12 months
- 8-10 years of full-time professional engineering work experience.
- Advanced level experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Design experience with stream/wetlands restoration, stormwater, and/or water resources
- Superior writing, communication, and computer skills (Google Suite) with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively focus on a variety of tasks to produce quality results within project deadlines
- Ability to travel to sites as needed. Overnight stays are required.
- A flexible working style and the ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet client and project needs
- On the job experience with stream restoration, field data collection, water resources engineering, and hydraulic and hydrology investigations
- Current industry related registration or the ability to obtain registration upon employment
- Knowledge of stream ecology, biology, and geomorphology
- Knowledge of watershed hydrology, stream hydraulics, and sediment transport
- Understanding of the use of regional regressions, regional curves, and reference data in stream restoration design
- Ability to evaluate design discharge, channel cross section, profile and planform using a variety of methods
- Ability to read and interpret ecological restoration construction plans
- Ability to interpret results from H&H models
- AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS, HEC-RAS or other hydrologic and hydraulic software
- Experience in construction document production
- Familiarity with Clean Water Act, state, and federal environmental regulations and permitting processes
- Experience providing construction oversight
Desired technical proficiencies:
- AutoCAD® Civil 3D®
- RIVERMorph® Stream Restoration Software
- HEC-RAS 4.1.0
- Survey Grade GPS and Total Station
- Rosgen or equivalent natural channel design
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%