Additional Locations: Sharon Center, OH
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 295 S. Water Street, 3rd Floor, 44240
Requisition ID: 170339
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Senior Engineer to our passionate team of Civil Engineering and Surveying professionals. Responsible for the project management and design of residential and commercial land development projects, stream and environmental restoration projects and various utility projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be client focused and team oriented.
- Must have a willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Assist in the entitlement process with conceptual and preliminary layouts.
- Assist in the planning and design of commercial and residential land development, stream restoration and utility projects.
- Preparation in the design of storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, site intermediate and final grading.
- Preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans per local state and federal regulations.
- Preparation of design calculations including stormwater management plans per local, state and federal regulations.
- Preparation of engineering plans for compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Preparation of contract documents including project specifications and quantity/ cost estimates.
- Preparation of as-built plans for final project approvals.
- Manage projects through local, county, state and federal permitting and compliance with other regulatory requirements.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on sound engineering judgement and past experience.
- Ability to apply knowledge to a variety of assignments.
- Technical Capacity.
- Advanced level experience with stormwater regulations and practices
- Advanced level experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Advanced level experience with Hydraflow Civil 3D programs or similar stormwater management programs.
- Proficient with HEC-RAS
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ability to provide guidance to junior-level staff on objectives, critical issues and concepts.
- Ability to interact with internal staff, reviewing agencies and customers as needed on project related issues.
- Ability to attend job related meetings and be able to speak intelligently about engineering related issues.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Will consult with supervisor on unique, unusual problems and developments
- As experience expands, will play a role in collaborating on new or improved techniques and procedures on complex projects and assignments.
Will oversee and be assisted by junior level engineers, interns or technicians.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours can be flexible based on circumstance. There may be a requirement for overtime based on work load.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- 8-10 years of full-time professional engineering work experience.
- Advanced level experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- PE registration required or the ability to obtain within 12 months
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%