Additional Locations: NA
Primary Locations: GA, Alpharetta, 2035 Grassland Parkway, 30004
Requisition ID: 169531
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Lead IT Programmer to our passionate team of environmental professionals.
The Lead IT Programmer will provide our government, commercial, utility, not-for-profit, and internal clients with the tools, services and solutions needed to effectively collect, assemble, manage and report on information. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work effectively in a variety of computer systems and software applications.
- Understand the contract needs and specifications of clients and their customers and develop appropriate solutions.
- Conduct research and compile summation, statistical and other reports.
- Organize and develop efficient daily work assignments from start to completion.
- Analyze data requests and design appropriate solutions.
- Understand and apply per client specifications applicable regulations and compliance standards.
- Program systems to meet client and/or project specifications.
- Provide support to product users positively and effectively.
- Mentor team mates, communicate internally and work more directly with clients.
- Extensive contact and communication with clients to report on the status of projects, identify problems and develop solutions.
- Represent the company and the client at professional meetings and will communicate ideas, technical information and industry intelligence as appropriate.
Education and Qualifications:
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar position.
- Development experience programming and configuring mobile computing and other applications using a range of development tools and systems, including Visual Studio.net, PhoneGap/Cordova, and thinkGeo Network/Server
- Administration experience with server management, maintenance and optimization.
- Technical certification and licensing as required
- Knowledge and proficiency in the principles, techniques and applications of software development and interface design.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%