Additional Locations: na
Primary Locations: British Columbia, Vancouver, 1541 West 75th Avenue, V6P 6Z7
Requisition ID: 169542
What You’ll Do:
- Climb Trees! Davey offers both DdRT/MRS and SRT/SRS climbing systems
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for major electric utility providers. Including but not limited to:
- Pruning treetops and repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal
- Removing broken limbs from utility lines, roofs, and other objects
- Application of tree identification knowledge and industry pruning guidelines
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more
- Operate as an active crew member with supporting ground crew and foreperson
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Required: valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Commercial Driver’s License-Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: line clearance experience or other related tree work
- Preferred: relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist®, ISA Certified Tree Worker®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional®
What We Offer: *
- Progressive advancement in job classification and wage
- Benefits through union agreement including health insurance and pension
- Opportunity to travel
- Opportunity for overtime work
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Employee referral bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic utility tree climber to our passionate team of utility line clearance professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.