At Terracon, we strive to be Best At People - this means our employees, clients, and within our communities. As we work to meet this goal, we have created a new position that will focus on our sustainability efforts.
As the Director of Corporate Sustainability, you will provide leadership in developing, implementing, and managing sustainability strategies, policies, procedures, practices, stakeholder consultation, materiality, risk analysis, transparency, and reporting. This individual will identify, manage, direct, and audit the programs and systems required to track and measure the company’s progress in integrating sustainable practices throughout the organization.
THIS POSITION CAN BE FILLED IN ANY LOCATION
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the formulation and execution of the company’s long-term sustainability vision, mission, and operation principles, and lead the development of a high-level strategy to support them.
- Identify risks and opportunities to the company based on stakeholder expectations and design proactive mitigation and response strategies.
- Develop and implement annual goals and on-going efforts relating to sustainable practices for the entire network of Terracon offices.
- Serve as the internal leader and "go to" expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics.
- Work with Corporate Procurement to advance sustainable design in offices, provide guidance on commercial interiors and base building projects pursuing custom sustainability as well as certification systems such as LEED, WELL, Fitwel, and Living Building Challenge.
- Manage employee engagement by participating in the HIVE Employee Resource Group (ERG); collaborate, coordinate and coach volunteers to support objectives, integrating stakeholders from across the organization as appropriate.
- Assess internal quality and efficiency of sustainable practices and develop procedures and measures to ensure a high level of execution by operations leadership and personnel.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the sustainability performance of the company to management and the Board of Directors. High level interaction with corporate departments including HR, Legal, Safety and Marketing will be essential. Involvement with the Terracon Foundation and the Board Governance Committee will also be required.
- Report to the Executive Committee periodically regarding sustainability progress and metrics.
- Coordinate with and participate as a member of the Sustainability Steering Committee (SSC).
- Serve as the primary contact for client and/or regulatory agency requests and inquiries regarding sustainability/ESG prequalification.
- Provide internal regulatory guidance and policy interpretation to Terracon management and employees regarding Terracon programs.
- Facilitate sustainability/ESG training presentations.
- Communicate sustainability initiatives and guidelines for Offices and Corporate departments. Coordinate with Corporate and Operations leadership to hold managers accountable for adopting and following sustainability practices and guidelines.
- Provide support for the company’s Mergers and Acquisitions program including the evaluation of target companies, performance of due diligence and integration of sustainability practices.
- Promote continuous sustainability monitoring and improvement at the Office and Corporate levels.
- Manage risk related to projects. Ensure contracts are signed and fully executed prior to commencing work. Monitor adherence to corporate risk policies and practices. Hold Managers accountable for mitigating or eliminating risk.
- Communicates safety initiatives, rules and guidelines for Office or Region. Holds Managers and Employees accountable for following safety rules and guidelines.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Ensure best practices are being followed and hold Managers accountable for quality control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering or related field and a minimum 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Sustainability, ESG consulting or program management.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!