Additional Locations: na
Primary Locations: Ontario, Bracebridge, #5 Monica Lane, P1L 1P8
Requisition ID: 166900
As a Crew Leader you will lead a team to various job sites throughout the week, ensuring the job is done right, on time and safely. You will be a subject matter expert providing guidance to the team and acting as a mentor for newer team members, assisting them in developing a better understanding of the Arboriculture profession. You will also work to provide an exceptional customer experience as the main point of contact for our clients.
- Safely and efficiently lead a crew in providing arboricultural care for our clients.
- Directs crew members and equipment as well as planning and executing the assigned work and tasks.
- Responsible to supervise and assist in the proper maintenance, preparation and operation of all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients.
- Including but not limited to:
- Pruning, thinning, and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy.
- Installation of cables, bracing and lightning protection systems.
- Removal of hazardous trees.
- Provide expert tree trimming services and inspections to client properties.
- Manage customer service expectations.
- Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Arborist.
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and air brake endorsement considered an asset.
- The ability to understand and safely direct a team on the process of safely ascending tree canopies at all heights.
- ISA certification or certificate of enrollment in an arboriculture program or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Strong tree, knot and shrub identification skills.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent Benefits package and RRSP Program
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Davey provides ongoing training and careers advancement opportunities.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree has numerous crews that are professionally trained to provide tree trimming and removal services to ensure the scope of this contracted work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.