Additional Locations: na
Primary Locations: Ontario, Vaughan, 330 Rodinea Road Unit #2, L6A 4P5
Requisition ID: 166849
As a Climbing Arborist with Davey Tree; you will be in the field and up in the canopy most of your day with a hands-on approach to tree and vegetation management. You will deal directly with the public and will draw on your expert knowledge and experience to ensure the job is done right and on time.
- Perform work in the canopy of the trees at various heights.
- Operate as an active crew member with support from the ground crew and crew leader.
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients.
- Including but not limited to:
- Pruning, thinning, and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy.
- Installation of cables, bracing and lightning protection systems.
- Removal of hazardous trees.
- Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- Assist the trimmers and foreperson in job site setup, debris removal and cleanup.
- Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures. Including:
- Rigging Safety.
- Working at Heights.
- Harness safety principles.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Understanding and implementation of the process of safely ascending tree canopies at all heights.
- 3 years experience.
- 1-2 years climbing experience.
- Certified Arborist or willingness to work towards.
- Strong tree, knot and shrub identification skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and Airbrake endorsement considered an asset.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Preferred background in Forestry, Horticulture or Landscaping.
- Full time. Year-round employment or seasonal if that is your availability
- Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent Benefits package and RRSP program
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Davey provides ongoing training and career advancement opportunities.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree has numerous crews that are professionally trained to provide tree trimming and removal services to ensure the scope of this contracted work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
With residential tree service offices across Canada, Davey and our employees are dedicated to providing all aspects of professional tree care for our customers. Davey Tree arborists live and work in your community. Our widespread team allows us to build a relationship with our clients to provide an exceptional customer experience.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.