Additional Locations: Ohio State Wide
Primary Locations: OH, Richfield, 3900 Kinross Lakes Parkway, Suite 100, 44286
Requisition ID: 166617
DRG is looking for a Telecom Aerial Installer / Field Coordinator who will be responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with standard industry practices in the construction, maintenance, and removal of overhead telecommunications. This position will be responsible for use of ladders and various specialized equipment in an outside fast paced work environment. DRG Telecom Aerial Linemen install, operate, maintain, inspect and repair CATV lines to include Strand, Fiber and Coax. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operate testing equipment to remove non functioning overhead telecommunications wires.
- Locate/troubleshoot telecommunication cables and wires.
- Perform maintenance on telecommunication equipment.
- Operates ladders, signal level meters, volt meters, and test equipment.
- Operate communications devices in accordance with company policies.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner:
- Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- Utilize and become proficient with tasks, tools, test equipment and information that will enhance business results.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policy.
- Completes paperwork, time sheets, test results, vehicle inspection, and logs.
- Assists other team personnel in the performance of their duties when requested to promote a team approach to problem solving.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to DRG policy or the customer special request.
- Report all personal and vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperate and assist in the investigations.
- Assists with job site setup.
- Operates equipment safely in a variety of urban and rural areas.
- Completing reports, scheduling crews, performing field inspections, resolving client concerns, QA/QC.
- Shares in hiring responsibility.
- Assist in coaching & training of field personnel.
- Includes some travel as the project moves around the state and potentially around the country in the future. 25-50% travel if not located in same areas as the crews.
- 50-75% field work - testing and removing drops.
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within utility or telecommunication clients service territory.
- Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week.
- Compensation based on experience and travel flexibility.
- Must be highly organized, demonstrated ability to plan and schedule.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated success driving production.
- Excellent communication skills.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group Inc. (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for
utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%