Additional Locations: Primary Location - BRAMPTON, Secondary Location: CALDEON
Primary Locations: Ontario, Mississauga, 2265 Royal Windsor Drive Unit 5A, L5J 1K5
Requisition ID: 165782
As a Utility Arborist you get to apply your skills for our larger customers across electric delivery and rail. You will support multiple locations across our various contracts ensuring we are constantly able to meet and deliver on our clients expectations.
- Provides line clearing and tree trimming services for major electric utility providers and rail customers
- Operate as an active crew member with supporting ground crew and crew leader.
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients.
- Including but not limited to:
- Pruning, thinning, and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy
- Removal of hazardous trees
- Removal or trimming of trees and brush encroaching onto utility or transportation rights of ways
- Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- Responsible for job site set up, clean up.
- Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Certified Arborist or Utility Tree Trimmer designation required.
- Line clearance certification.
- Electric utility tree trimming/climbing experience preferred.
- Understanding and implementation of the process of safely ascending tree canopies at all heights.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Strong tree and shrub identification skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and air brake endorsement considered an asset.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Preferred background in Forestry, Horticulture or Landscaping.
- First Aid certification preferred.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Paid Sick Days (BC Only)
- Safety Boot Allowance (BC Only)
- Excellent Benefits package and RRSP Program
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Davey provides ongoing training and careers advancement opportunities.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree has numerous crews that are professionally trained to provide tree trimming and removal services to ensure the scope of this contracted work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
We provide utilities, rail and road transport with safe and efficient right of way clearance services. Clients rely on us for timely resource mobilization during severe weather events and proactive planning services, such as system hardening and storm restorations.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.