Additional Locations: Washington D.C. and Baltimore Residential Markets
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 1500 N. Mantua St., 44240
Requisition ID: 165591
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation. Davey has a unique culture that focuses on a commitment to safety and training, the open exchange of ideas, industry engagement, and delivering unrivaled client service while being an industry leader in arboricultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a Climbing Arborist Skills Trainer to our passionate team of trainers in our Washington D.C. and Baltimore Metro Residential Markets. Your office is outdoors and you get a new view every day!
What You'll Do:
- Be part of a growing diverse and passionate team of trainers stewardship.
- Teach team members the art and science of climbing and arboriculture as a career.
- Travel throughout your territory influencing employees through on the job training.
- Help develop and deliver topic focused training classes.
- Continue to grow your skills and knowledge as a trainer.
- Collaborate with industry leaders.
- Attend industry events as a Davey representative.
- Influence the tools and techniques we use every day.
- Work alongside the local offices:
- Leading education and training sessions
- Identifying training needs
- Performing arborist skills verification
- Provide training in multiple offices in the cities to include Chantilly, VA; Richmond, VA; Dulles, VA; Alexandria VA; Baltimore, MD; Wilmington, DE; and Gaithersburg, MD.
- Team up with Regional Safety and Motor Carrier Specialists, Recruiters, and Davey Institute Technical Advisors.
- How high you grow depends on you!
Skills We're Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors.
- Desire to help others grow in their careers.
- 3 years leadership responsibility.
- Working knowledge and proven ability in tree care and arborist equipment.
- Ability to clearly and concisely write and verbally communicate with a diverse audience.
- Basic computer skills include email, video conferencing, and electronic forms.
- Ability to complete the Davey Skills Trainer Requirements upon hire.
- Ability to routinely travel locally and away from home.
- Required: Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Required: Obtain your CTSP within 18 months of hire.
- Preferred: ISA certified Arborist and/or ISA Certified Tree Worker.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- All climbing gear and PPE are provided.
- Vehicle allowance.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase Davey stock at a discount after 1 complete year of service for eligible employees.
- 401k with employer match available after 1 complete year of service for eligible employees.
- Employer sponsored health, vision, dental, life and short-term disability coverage options available for eligible employees.
- Access to our exceptional career development program, industry related training, and proprietary Davey training courses.
- Reimbursement for industry related certifications.
- Opportunities for career advancement and management mentoring programs are available.
- Vacation awarded in first year and increased based on years of service.
- Up to five paid sick days available for eligible employees.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%