Additional Locations: Oklahoma City, OK
Primary Locations: OK, Oklahoma City, 1833 South Morgan Road, 73128
Requisition ID: 164867
Davey Resource Group
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Our job is to help our clients provide a safe and reliable power source through proper vegetation management practices.
Do you want a career working outdoors? The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring certified arborists, professional foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, environmental scientists, landscape, nursery, tree care and parks and recreation professionals, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
- Work with Oklahoma Gas & Electric to address its forestry needs
- Inspect utility rights of ways and identify vegetation incompatible with state and federal regulations
- Collect and enter data on handheld devices, follow maps and use GPS navigation
- Communicate with landowners regarding work on or near their property
- Assess all terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
- Embraces an outdoor and independent work environment
- Thrives on adaptation, continual learning and training and is detail oriented
- Possess knowledge of local tree species and species specific growth rates
- Is a great communicator and team player
- Oklahoma Right of Way herbicide applicator license
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Pursuing ISA Certification
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
- Computer skills
- Has ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- 1 year of utility vegetation management experience or similar experience in a related field (tree work industry, landscape professional) OR
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or a related discipline
What We Offer
- Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
- Company Phone
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Employee Scholarship for AS degree in Environmental Management
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
- Company paid professional certifications and continuing education
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%