Additional Locations: province wide
Primary Locations: Alberta, Nisku, 3800-13 Street, T9E 1C6
Requisition ID: 163519
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest Employee Owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Herbicide Applicators to our passionate team of landscape professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
This challenging position entails applying herbicides with the purpose of managing brush and noxious weeds on utility facilities, power line rights-of-ways, and pipeline right-of-ways. The application of herbicides varies from selective backpack treatments to large scale foliar treatments utilizing 1-ton trucks, all terrain vehicles, and/or heavy equipment.
- Our employees are required to navigate and work throughout the province of Saskatchewan typically in 2-3 person crews for extended periods of time sharing hotel rooms.
- Our base of operations is located out of Saskatoon, and any perspective employees will have access to a class 5 drivers license and a vehicle to travel to our office.
- Crews will be self-monitored, self-reliant and have minimal supervision, which requires great responsibility and an extremely motivated attitude.
- Attention to detail, and a proficiency using tablets, Windows and Excel, are strongly encouraged, and required for all potential crew leaders.
- The successful candidates will become part of a team of professionals that work close together to provide exceptional service while maintaining the highest commitment to safety and performance.
Although no experience is necessary, any safety certificates or documented training such as; air brakes, herbicide applicators certificate, H2S, WHIMIS, Standard First Aid with CPR, ATV training and heavy equipment operating experience are definite assets.
- Class 5 drivers license with a clean record
- Good attitude
- Ability to work as a team
- Love of the outdoors
- Entry level employees can expect a starting wage of $18.00 dollars an hour, along with tax-free living allowance paid for out of town work ($52 per day), Wages are designated according to experience, and individuals with valid Industrial herbicide certification for the province of Saskatchewan or Alberta are preferred.
- Hotel costs are covered by Davey Tree. While you are working virtually all expenses are covered.
- No experience is necessary, and we will provide training.
- Davey provides all safety and protective clothing needed but applicants are required to provide their own CSA approved steel toed rubber boots.
- Many of our employees are post secondary students who return for multiple seasons as their individual earning potential and level of responsibility increase dramatically with each year.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.