Galileo Project, LLC provides project management assistance and coordination (PMAC) to federal, state, and local agencies on environmental permitting and planning projects. These projects include renewable energy, transmission, pipelines, and planning efforts among others.
Galileo is a woman-owned small business with offices in Tempe, Arizona and Marietta, Georgia. Additional information may be found on Galileo’s website.
The Environmental Project Coordinator position is primarily an entry to mid-level project assistance position. Applicant will perform a wide range of administrative and project support activities for project manager to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The job includes direct support to the project manager with day to day tasks to keep projects on schedule. This position is a great introduction to the National Environmental Policy Act process. Galileo is an expanding firm with considerable growth opportunities.This job posting is for a full-time, hourly position in the Tempe, Arizona office.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Attend and accurately document meetings
- Document project decisions and action items
- Assist in distributing project information to the public
- Data entry into project databases
- Assist with preliminary determinations of documents for response to FOIAs.
- Organize, update, and maintain project records such as document files and contact lists
- Prepare and modify project documents including correspondence, reports, memos, and emails
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Provide assistance with logistics of public, tribal, and agency meetings
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for managers and/or supervisors
- Coordinate information relevant to project assignments from multiple sources
- Serve as a back-up to the project management team as necessary in finalizing project tasks
- Conduct and compile research on projects, policy, and stakeholder positions.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in project management, environmental resources, public policy, or related area – OR
- Legal background – OR
- Minimum of high school diploma and four (4) years of experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with/within federal agencies is preferred
- Working knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is preferred
- Experience working on complex, long-term projects is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with all levels of management
- Flexibility and adaptability to different projects and management styles
- This position pays $20 per hour.
- Galileo offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation and sick leave.
- Health insurance is available at the beginning of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Vacation and sick leave are available after 90 days of employment. 401k participation is available at the beginning of the month following 180 days of employment.
- Please email your application package to Maria Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resumes should be submitted with a cover letter, references, and a brief (2-5 page) writing sample. Applications that do not include all materials will not be considered.