Additional Locations: Coloma, CA; San Francisco, CA; Livermore, CA;
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 1500 N. Mantua St., 44240, CA, San Jose, 1055 Commerical Street, 95112
Requisition ID: 158859
Davey is seeking a Skills Specialist for operations in the states of California, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada. The Skills Specialist guides and monitors territory activities pertaining to safety, incident prevention, employee development, and skills training. This requires analyzing current intitiatives for performance against company standards. The Skills Specialist works with managers and field arborists to develop or restructure efforts for achieving Davey safety culture goals. This position will travel locally within the San Francisco Bay Area and surrounding states.
- Assist field management with implementation of new and existing safety and training programs to meet company requirements and government regulations.
- Schedule and direct safety education and training sessions.
- Conduct “train the trainer” safety education sessions.
- Visit field crews for instructional and hands-on training, job observation, inspections and verification of program compliance at various outdoor field worksites and outdoor/indoor field facilities, in varied geographic locations, terrains, climates and weather conditions.
- Support Senior Regional Safety Specialist-West by:
- Analyzing regional safety program effectiveness and make recommendation for improvement.
- Communicate safety program needs with management.
- Prepare evaluations and provide insightful written summary reports and recommendations to operations and safety management.
- Three (3) years of leadership experience in Tree Care
- Practical experience climbing, pruning, removing, trees in established Safety Culture
- Written communication skills utilizing Microsoft Office
- Ability to attain Certified Tree Care Safety Professional, OSHA 30 Hour Course Certification, and similar safety professional qualifications and certifications.
- Full time salaried position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Company vehicle plan
- Generous performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off | Vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
- All gear, uniforms & PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses offered
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- Management mentoring programs available
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%