Associate, Innovation and Evaluation
Ceres is a nonprofit organization working with the most influential capital market leaders to solve the world’s greatest sustainability challenges. Through our powerful networks and global collaborations of investors, companies and nonprofits, we drive action and inspire equitable market-based and policy solutions throughout the economy to build a just and sustainable future.
For more information, visit ceres.org and follow @CeresNews.
Description & Responsibilities
The Innovation & Evaluation Department at Ceres supports cross-organizational learning, innovation and planning. The Associate, Innovation & Evaluation will support the team in supporting and evolving our data strategies, maintaining partnerships with key data providers, contributing to our innovation strategy, and conducting evaluations, as needed.
This full-time position will be supervised by Ana Orians, Manager, Research and Analysis.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the development, maintenance, and evaluation of Ceres’ internal systems for procuring, managing and deploying corporate ESG data.
- Audit Ceres’ existing data collection systems to build connections with external ESG data sources and to improve alignment with data needs.
- Assist Director of Planning & Evaluation on evaluation projects including assessment of internal outcomes data and external trends data.
- Undertake special projects to develop, improve, and roll out Innovation & Evaluation team tools and systems.
- Conduct research projects, including landscape assessments and Theory of Change mapping, to support Ceres program teams as they scope expansion of work in new sectors, topics, geographies or strategies.
- Quantitative competencies, a must.
- Provide administrative support of Ceres’ yearly Innovation Lab.
- Attend internal and external meetings in order to take notes, compile meeting minutes and produce next steps for meeting attendees
- Provide writing support on communications to external partners
- Conduct some research as directed by Manager, Research and Analysis
- Perform finance-related administrative duties
- Organize or coordinate special projects, as requested.
- Minimum of 18 months, full-time, professional experience demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and project management abilities.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, both environmental and social sustainability issues, particularly understanding of the role of business, the investment community, and/or NGOs.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and presentation programs (particularly Google and Office suites).
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work. e.g. Bloomberg Terminal or Salesforce.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
The hiring salary range for this position is $49,000-50,000.00.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.