Additional Locations: n/a
Primary Locations: MD, Millersville, 1131 Benfield Boulevard, Suite L-M, 21108
Requisition ID: 160627
Wetland Studies Solutions Inc. is seeking a full-time environmental compliance field inspector to join our Maryland team. Projects include environmental compliance and inspecting the construction of large-scale transportation projects.
Primary Duties include:
- Supporting management on all aspects of environmental permit compliance related to the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) General and Individual permit(s) associated with construction activity obtained for large-scale transportation projects
- Inspection and documentation of Best Management Practices (BMPs) to ensure all BMPs shown in Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) and Stormwater Management (SWM) plans have been installed and maintained per local specifications
- Maintain and continually update construction-related Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan(s) (SWPPP) and supporting documentation in accordance with National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) guidelines
- Coordinate with construction managers and field staff to ensure noted deficiencies are repaired in accordance with minimum standards
- Attend meetings and coordinate with construction teams as well as local, state, and federal regulatory staff as needed
- Attend public outreach meetings and/or events as directed
- B.S. in Environmental Studies or related field
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with a diverse client base in both the public and private sectors
- MD State Highway Administration’s Erosion and Sediment Control Certification (i.e., Yellow Card)
- A valid Maryland Department of Environment (MDE) Responsible Personnel Certification (Formerly Green Card)
- At least one year of experience performing environmental compliance for large scale transportation projects
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on exchanging ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of natural and cultural resource consulting services and is based in Gainesville, Va. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%