Additional Locations: N/A
Primary Locations: Ontario, Brantford, 40 Roy Blvd, N3R 7K2
Requisition ID: 160118
Antler Services Landscaping is looking for an experienced Lead hand in Landscaping & Property Maintenance, including snow removal. This is a year-round, full-time position where flexibility is required. An average of 40 - 55 hours worked each week will be expected; Summer hours are somewhat consistent and routine, however the snow season will be unpredictable and during heavy snow events, long hours may be required.
The ideal candidate must be available to work Monday to Friday, 8:00AM - 6:00PM, with the potential of working later if needed. Occasional weekends may be required as well.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and delegate effectively including providing on-the-job training to crew members as required
- Ability to multi-task and focus on priorities
- A general knowledge of plant material and the ability to read a blueprint
- Must be very strong in sales, client management, and client retention
- Plan and estimate labour and materials
- Hire, supervise, and schedule staff
- Organize and direct planting of trees, gardens, and lawns
- Plan, manage and supervise landscape construction work
- Installation of interlocking patios, walkways, and steps
- Installation of retaining walls
- Organize and direct construction of fences and decks
- Installation of ponds, waterfalls, and water features
- Steel-toed safety boots required in all working areas on and off site
- Ability to operate a 1-ton truck and trailer
- Must be mature, reliable, physically fit, hands on and able to perform field work at a high standard
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain written time records and work order documents
- Ability to use computers with a knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to organize and manage a high volume workload
- Strong mechanical aptitude is an asset
- Available 24/7 during snow events
- Valid 'G' class driver's licence and a clean driver's abstract
- 2-3 years experience of commercial grounds maintenance
- 2-3 years experience of commercial snow removal
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisor position
- 2 years of landscape experience
We appreciate all applicants, however only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.