Additional Locations: n/a
Primary Locations: VA, Gainesville, 5300 Wellington Branch Drive, Suite 100, 20155
Requisition ID: 159288
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, is a seeking an entry-level (0 to 2 years of related experience) Survey Technician to join our team in Gainesville, Virginia. This is an opportunity for a motivated individual to train to become a licensed surveyor.
- Survey locate and map delineated wetlands and other sensitive natural and cultural resource areas
- Capture land information precisely to ensure that development schedules are maintained and projects stay within budget
- Summarize and report on observations and data collected in the field
- Operate state-of-the-art survey equipment
- Read and follow maps; navigate (in vehicle and on foot) through a variety of terrains
- Positively and effectively communicate with property owners and agencies to arrange for necessary access and work
- Properly and safely drive, operate and maintain vehicle in a variety of terrains and surfaces (including ATV’s and boats)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in surveying, environmental sciences, forestry, wildlife management, arboriculture, or a related discipline; or two years of relevant experience
- Ability to perform arithmetic operations, geometry and trigonometry computations
- Willingness to regularly travel regionally to support projects outside the Washington D.C. metropolitan area
- Ability to work safely and independently in the outdoors under a wide range of conditions and weather types
- Willingness to participate in five-year apprenticeship program, including after-hours training classes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Land Desktop, and GIS
- ISA Certified Arborist a plus
- Ability to work independently and with a team
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on exchanging ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of natural and cultural resource consulting services and is based in Gainesville, Va. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%