Director, Investor Network (Private Equity)
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Director plays a key relationship management role on the Investor Network and will lead our work with partners in the private equity sector. The Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability is a group of more than 200 leading institutional investors with collective assets under management of over $47 trillion. We are looking for candidates who are strategic thinkers and understand U.S. institutional investment finance markets. The Ceres Investor Network is specifically looking for someone that will manage high-level engagement with institutional investors to recruit, retain and engage members of our Investor Network. This full-time position reports to a senior member of the Investor Network team.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and deepen Ceres’ relationships with asset owners and asset managers.
- Develop and implement with other team members, strategic plans and campaigns for engaging members in Ceres’ priorities.
- Support members in integrating material ESG issues into their investment processes
- Recruit strategic new asset owner and asset manager members to the Investor Network from both the U.S. and Canada.
- Manage or contribute to one or more Investor Network working groups and project work with investors. Initially the work will be on Paris-aligned investment for Private Equity investors.
- Partner with the Communications team in developing media messaging and communications materials, such as op-eds, press releases, reports, and blogs.
- Attend and present at key investor meetings and events (with a focus on Private Equity sustainability issues).
- Track Investor Network member progress and impact on sustainable investment metrics including implementation of 21st Century Investor Blueprint, Paris-aligned Investment commitments, and participation in all of Ceres priorities and working groups utilizing the Ceres Salesforce platform.
- Partner with Program Directors of the Investor Network and the Ceres Accelerator in funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders, with the Ceres Development Team.
- Participate in planning and organizing Ceres annual conference and program events for the Investor Network.
- Partner with Program Director, other Investor Network team members and cross-Ceres teams on workplans, team management and joint initiatives.
- Train and supervise other Investor Network team staff or interns
- Travel as necessary for relationship management purposes.
- At least ten years of work experience, preferably direct experience working in investment sector on sustainability-related issues. Knowledge of climate and energy issues desirable.
- An understanding of institutional investors and financial markets
- Expertise in Private Equity investments.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially with senior-level executives.
- Public speaking skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects, delivering on time, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- 3+ years of experience supervising staff, including ability to provide training and support staff development.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, listserv program, Bloomberg Terminal, etc.
The hiring salary range for this position is $107,000-112,000.00
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply through the Ceres website, https://www.ceres.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.