What the role is
The Environmental Sustainability division in EDB charts the vision and strategy for Singapore to transit to a low-carbon economy and leverage environmental sustainability trends as a growth engine. We also develop and execute national and ecosystem-level strategies to improve Singapore’s competitiveness in energy, chemicals and materials, and identify new growth opportunities in these industries. To achieve this mission, we undertake research, analysis and solutions development in close partnership with others teams in EDB, as well as external stakeholders in government and industry.
What you will be working on
This is primarily an individual contributor role. With guidance from the Vice President / Assistant Vice President / Senior Manager, you will contribute to the development and execution of strategies in the following areas:
- Carbon services and low-carbon technologies: You will conduct in-depth analyses of global trends, technologies and business models in environmental sustainability, with a focus on carbon management, to derive relevant insights and implications for Singapore, and recommend actions needed to anchor new environmental sustainability activities in Singapore. You will also work closely with both internal stakeholders as well as industry and government agency partners to develop and implement new initiatives to achieve EDB’s industry development goals for environmental sustainability.
- Energy & chemicals industry development: You will work closely with key companies and relevant external partners in government and industry to develop and implement initiatives related to the transformation of the energy & chemicals industry.
- Cleantech capability building programme management: You will work with internal stakeholders, government agency partners and the research ecosystem in Singapore to manage EDB’s existing capability building programmes for clean technologies, including the Energy Innovation Research Programme and Solar Competitive Research Programme. This will entail tracking and reviewing the progress of ongoing research projects and managing the related grants and incentive disbursements.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Background preferably in Economics, Engineering, Chemistry, Operations Research and/or relevant interdisciplinary field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the energy, chemicals and materials sectors or an area related to environmental sustainability; project/business development experience will be a bonus.
- Ability to pay good attention to detail and undertake programme management work independently
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, critical and lateral thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability and experience in engaging and managing both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and multiple workstreams to deliver outcomes effectively and efficiently
- Possess a self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and is a team player
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!