Administers policies and procedures that cover two or more functional areas in the environmental, health and safety job family. Ensures employees in functional areas follow established procedures and ensure company compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Essential to this Position
- Establishes site(s) strategies, systems, and controls to assure company objectives and compliance in the areas of environmental health and safety
- Establishes and reports site(s) key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met
- Implements EHS framework, which utilizes assessment, training, and monitoring techniques to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards
- Implements and maintains company-wide EHS programs including proactive injury/accident prevention, business continuity plan, hazardous chemical management, and employee training
- Drives employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture
- Manages incident reporting process including completion of investigations, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders
- Actively manages Workers’ Compensation cases, working closely with third party WC agency
- Serves as property management resource regarding fire, storm, flood management and other applicable property issues
- Administers EHS site audit process and ensures completion of corrective actions for compliance
- Serves as a business partner to site leadership to identify potential EHS impact to support investment justification or project implementation
- Maintains industry, professional and technical knowledge by networking, attending industry events, and reviewing professional publications
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s DegreeSKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Work Experience Required
At least 4 years of relevant experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities Desired
- Knowledge of organization's and industry's manufacturing technologies, processes, innovations, issues and initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting manufacturing practices and activities
- Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of workers, environment and site
- Knowledge of materials used in the manufacturing process and of safe practices for physical management of raw and/or hazardous materials
- Knowledge of day-to-day and strategic issues, operational requirements and management of a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes
- • Primarily works in a production and/or warehouse setting with time also spent in an office setting
- • Frequent walking and standing required
- • Occasional travel required
- • Occasional lifting to 25 lbs.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!