Junior Salesforce Administrator
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres is hiring a Junior Salesforce Administrator to join our growing team. This individual will report to one of our Salesforce Administrators and will work across all Ceres departments to help with setting up Salesforce user accounts, preparing and performing data loads, and merging records among other tasks. This individual will play a critical role in supporting data integrity and guardianship across the whole platform.
This individual will be a detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication
and interpersonal skills and some prior experience working with databases. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their Salesforce skills as part of a collaborative and growing IT team. The ideal candidate will adapt with changing business needs and have a customer-centric mindset. This is a full-time position preferably based in Boston, MA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Request intake and triage
- Serve as primary staff for incoming Salesforce system requests
- Triage Salesforce system requests and delegate/elevate when appropriate
- Tool updates and data maintenance
- Perform quarterly checks for the latest versions of NPSP/DLRS/Click & Pledge
- Monthly bulk deletion of data beyond its desired retention period
- Assist with related updates as needed
- Quality assurance and testing
- Support teams with clean-up and data maintenance
- Monitor system for data integrity and consistency
- Help test enhancements and new features from user and admin perspectives
- Ongoing user support
- Create user accounts, prepare and perform data loads
- Assist staff with merging duplicate records
- Help staff to create reports and dashboards as needed
- Attend team meetings to identify needs and challenges
- Directly support technical proficiencies across teams through collaborative training opportunities
- Documentation and support
- Support technical onboarding and troubleshooting for new staff
- Assist with documentation of system changes
- 2 years of applicable Salesforce CRM work experience or other databases, required.
- 2-3 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform, preferred.
- Familiarity with Data Loader or the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) a plus.
- Knowledge of donor databases and database integration for websites preferred.
- A passion for helping people succeed with technology.
- Intermediate Excel skills and experience with data manipulation/ETL process
- Strong technical skills.
- Prior experience with technology support preferred, or an aptitude for learning technology quickly.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.