Requisition Number: 152167
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Reports to: Ian Scott
Effective Date: Open to Suitable Applicants
PAY RANGE: $21-$25 (hourly, DOE)
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the employee-owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resources, utility, GIS, and remote sensing consulting services. Do you want a career working outdoors? Do you want to grow as a leader? Join our Davey team today and help to create and deliver sustainable solutions! We are an extensive group of professional foresters, certified arborists, natural resource managers, environmental scientists, geospatial specialists, wildland firefighters, landscape, nursery, tree care, and park and recreation professionals.
Education and Qualifications: An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Two to a four-year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Science,
- Plant Biology or related discipline or equivalent experience in a similar position.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required
- Urban forestry, Natural Resource Management or Wetland Management experience preferred
- ISA Certified Arborist
- ISA TRAQ
- Language Ability: Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Write correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
- the organization. Bi-lingual in Spanish is beneficial.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, including proficiency with basic office applications. Proficiency with spreadsheet and GIS applications preferred.
- D.O.E.; cell phone/or cell phone reimbursement; training as needed/appropriate; company vehicle (or equivalent); complete coverage of approved industry memberships and professional affiliations, with approval; participation in all other Davey benefit programs (health insurance, 401k, stock options).
- Work safely and independently outdoors under a wide range of conditions and weather
- Inspect trees and other vegetation, identify common defects, and assess trees according to client needs and contract specifications
- Identify and measure local tree species, understand their typical growth rates, and recognize indicators of common diseases and pest infestations
- Recognize and identify common urban and parkland facilities and infrastructure and recognize elevated and unacceptable risk conditions according to client specifications
- Prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk
- Understand and apply a variety of applicable regulations and compliance standards
- Summarize and report on observations and data collected in the field
- Operate handheld computers and/or other field technology
- Read and follow maps; navigate (in vehicle and on foot) through a variety of terrains
- Positively and effectively communicate with property owners and agencies
- Drive, operate and maintain vehicles in a variety of terrains and surfaces (including ATV’s, when applicable)
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.