Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: For this role we are open to remote work in the United States or Canada.
About the opportunity:
The ESG & Sustainability Manager will play a pivotal role in Ceridian’s high-performing Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability Department. In this position, you’ll join a small but mighty team of seasoned professionals who are committed to driving positive change in Ceridian’s global operations and throughout the communities and countries where its employees live and work. Your primary role will be to build and/or lead several of Ceridian’s ESG initiatives and programs, including its new Sustainability function, its global data collection and reporting processes, and the company’s cause advocacy efforts.
As part of your ongoing work with key business units from across the organization, you will create and execute carefully designed strategies that drive the company’s performance on material ESG issues, and help Ceridian continue to be a powerful force for good. The ideal candidate has proven subject-matter expertise and abilities on ESG topics generally and sustainability specifically, and they possess knowledge of the public policy process. They also have deep experience in project management, are collaborative, proactive, and driven, and pay very careful attention to detail.
What you'll get to do:
- Serve as the primary liaison with key internal leaders to develop new environmental programs and initiatives to make Ceridian’s operations more sustainable
- Lead the development of goals and KPIs to reduce Ceridian’s overall environmental footprint—including reductions in GHG emissions (Scope 1, 2, and 3), energy use, water consumption, and waste generation
- Guide the internal process for creating, submitting, and verifying external environmental commitments (e.g. RE100, SBTi, TRUE Zero Waste, etc.)
- Serve as Ceridian’s in-house environmental data expert and maintain its carbon footprint
- Build and maintain an internal system for collecting all relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) data from across Ceridian’s global operations
- Handle responses to incoming requests for ESG data – including from customers, investors, CDP, and other stakeholder groups
- Lead the development of Ceridian’s annual ESG report—from first draft to completion
- Develop partnerships with key NGOs and stakeholder groups, and provide guidance on associations and coalitions that Ceridian should join
- Stay up to date on ESG-related trends—including (but not limited to) human capital; diversity, equity and inclusion; data security and privacy; AI ethics; climate change and the environment; and corporate reporting and disclosure
- Actively monitor developments in public policy in countries and regions where Ceridian has a physical presence (including in North America, APAC, and EMEA)
- Identify opportunities for Ceridian to contribute its voice to causes and movements that Make Work Life Better, promote social justice, and advance equity for underrepresented and marginalized communities
Skills and experience we value:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, communications, sustainability, or relevant field
- Master’s degree in sustainability or a related discipline is a strong asset
- Minimum 4-7 years of experience in project plan development, management & implementation
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience on an organization’s sustainability team, including involvement in its reporting processes (where applicable)
- Fluency in ESG issues and a strong understanding of key organizations (e.g. SASB/IIRC, GRI, CDP, WRI, etc.) and the concepts/guidance associated with each (e.g. GHG Protocol, Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas, etc.)
What would make you stand out:
- Previous experience in the private sector or at a private sector-facing organization is strongly preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to compare data sets, organize data and summarize findings
- Strong business acumen with a focus on achieving, tracking, and measuring results
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, and a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage and deliver against tight timelines and oversee several projects simultaneously
- Diligence, particularly with communication, follow-up and documentation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage finance, budget and expense tasks
- Expert level experience in PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong presentation skills; able to engage the interest of others
- Adaptable and resourceful; thrives in a dynamic environment
- Intellectually curious and comfortable digging for information in order to understand and resolve issues
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!