Requisition Number: 147027
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Position: GIS Field Technician
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group Inc. (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
- Work with leading electrical and telecommunication companies and their utility systems to provide analysis of infrastructure.
- Inspect and catalog utility assets to create accurate and consistent utility asset data sets for our clients.
- Providing utility companies real-time, updated, and quality data, to help improve service and reliability.
- Perform light GIS editing and manipulating of utility company’s data.
- Understand the use of document management systems, filing, and document scanning.
- Execute and plan daily goals while meeting quality, time, and budget constraints.
- Learn to identify electrical/communication utility equipment and potential hazards.
- Review and/or correct data integrity errors within GIS databases.
- Understand and comply with all safety regulations to maintain a successful safety record.
- Ability to travel throughout various service territories both within and out of state, as needed.
- Ability to stand, walk, or hike for extended periods of time and long distances, bend, reach, and move to carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms).
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and in various hours of the day or night.
- High school diploma and valid driver’s license required.
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to safely drive/operate a 4x4 vehicle.
- Completion of a two-year college or technical school degree in geography, GIS, a related discipline, or the completion of an approved apprenticeship program preferred.
- Electric utility and telecommunications experience preferred.
- Proficient use of computers using ESRI, ArcGIS Desktop, or other GIS software experience preferred.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within the client’s service territory. Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement and use of company vehicle. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.