Requisition Number: 145473
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1UTL - Kent-Utility SL
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: No Diploma
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
General Foreman | Foreperson - Utility Line Clearance | Orangeburg, SC
Davey Tree is currently looking to add a dynamic General Foreperson to our passionate team of Utility Line Clearance professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You Will Do:
- Organize work operations from start to completion in safest and most efficient manner, to the satisfaction of the client.
- Oversee 2-3-person crews while mentoring and training new employees.
- Investigate accidents and promptly record and report findings to management.
- Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We Are Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: line clearance experience or other related work
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Required: Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Commercial Driver’s License-Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist ®, ISA Certified Tree Worker ®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional ®
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest Employee-Owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com