We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Within the Eco-design team, we are looking for a Senior Eco-design Engineer to join a dynamic team of 5 people !
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for Ecodesign for tenders & projects (T&P) execution for the Saint-Ouen site.
- Manage & improve environmental performance of products
- Provide expertise on Life Cycle Assessment
- Contribute to Ecodesign R&D and to expertise continuous improvement.
Environmental Management System – ISO 14001 :
- Propose Ecodesign yearly commitment and work plan
- Propose and follow ecodesign dashboard for solutions/products
- Contribute to EMS (Environmental Management System) and its processes
- Realize compliance assessment.
Ecodesign Referential :
- Deploy and apply ecodesign referential in T&P (Tenders &Projects), R&D, Expertise activities
- Manage specific scope of the referential : watch on updates, assessment of gaps, recommandations for updates or creations of new documents,..
Tenders & Projects main missions :
- Ensure Ecodesign expertise for local platform, subsystems, tenders and projects
- Perform Ecodesign activities on tenders (contractual and legal requirements analysis and positioning)
- Prepare Ecodesign management plan and specifications (train or compo level)
- Participate to design (train or compo level) in order to insure achievement of ecodesign commitments (Participate to relevant Design Reviews and Gate Reviews meetings, propose corrective actions and risk mitigation plan)
- Realize and update Ecodesign studies until delivery of the last train Implement relevant Ecodesign R&D and CCN (Core Competency Network) results in projects. Main Ecodesign studies are : hazardous substances declarations, recyclability calculation, LCA (Life cycle assessment),
R&D main missions (if assigned to R&D missions)
- Propose, lead and manage R&D actions in the context of product improvement and/or methodologies for Ecodesign within QCD (Quality Cost Delay) commitment
- Develop innovative methodologies to be applied as a standard in the design process of products and solutions.
Expertise continuous improvement main missions
- Propose & Support Ecodesign referent and CCN leader with continuous REX (Return of EXeprience) to improve the relevant methodologies
- Report to Ecodesign Managers and CCN leader burning issues (technical or methodological)
- Ensure training & awareness actions to non-Ecodesign people and/or to Ecodesign engineer
Network & Links
- Ecodesign community (50 people worldwide) & CCNL (Core Competency Network Leader)
- Ecodesign Platform Director
- Tenders & Projects teams
- Sourcing & Purchasing
Knowledge & Experience :
- Ecodesign Engineer / Material Engineer with environmental competencies with 3 years of experience in industry sector.
- International Standards and Regulation knowledge for environmental issues (hazardous substances, environmental communication, energy efficiency, air quality, end-of-life…)
- Operational practice in environmental assessment (LCA, carbonfootprint…) and autonomous practice of GaBi software are mandatory.
- Knowledge of ISO14001v2015 is appreciated as well as auditor certification
- Good communication skills, pro-activity, team working and in search of challenge
- English conversational/writing/reading advanced level mandatory
- French conversational/reading advanced level is preferred
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!