Requisition Number: 145088
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Temporary
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%
Take ownership of your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation while growing your career in a dynamic industry! Davey Resource Group, Inc. has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in utility and environmental services.
A Great opportunity for Retirees and those seeking Part-Time employment
What you’ll do:
* Serve communities in need as well as deriving personal satisfaction by helping others.
* Develop an understanding of Incident Command Systems while being part of a Disaster Response team
* Work to help identify and mitigate hazards along the Public/Utility ROW’s due to damage related to vegetation along those ROW’s.
* Perform a variety of potential assignments ranging from onboarding arriving crews at a staging site to inspecting affected areas for damage to the Public/Utility ROW.
* Coordinate with Project Managers, Lineman, and Vegetation Crews to execute a plan for mitigation of damage affecting the Public/Utility infrastructure.
What you’ll need:
* Willingness to travel to service areas affected by a Disaster.
* Ability to work collaboratively or to work independently.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Valid Driver’s License with a clean DMV driving record..
* Organizational skills; working knowledge of computers for communication and basic data entry.
* Preferred Education/Experience: First Responders, Utility workers, Utility Vegetation workers, Forestry, Natural Resources, Biologists
What you’ll get:
* A range of positions and tasks available.
* Paid travel and amenities to and from Disaster Response location.
* An innovative and success-driven work environment that provides an excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
* The opportunity to work in America’s great outdoors with teammates that will support your efforts to participate in a Disaster Response effort.
* Competitive wages along with the opportunity for Overtime pay.
* Flexibility to accept or deny opportunity to participate in a Disaster Response when called upon.
* Basic training in preparation to enter and perform a necessary task with our Disaster Response team.
Who we are:
The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is focused and relentless in our pursuit to help our utility clients deliver safe and reliable power to their customers and maintain national security. We are results-driven by our great people and the technology at our fingertips. People who love being the best and being a part of building something extraordinary. People who want to create change, who love what they do and the people they do it with. We are currently hiring Arborists, Foresters, Horticulturalists, Natural Resource Specialists, and plant and outdoor enthusiasts. Various full-time positions available include; entry-level, special projects, and supervisory roles. We are seeking candidates who have positive attitudes, excellent communication skills, and critical attention to detail. Team players who have a thirst for knowledge and growth are encouraged to apply.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.