* This position will serve the region of Southern Maryland, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Georgia*
JOB POSTING POSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for the development and management of new and existing Delta Waterfowl chapters within a designated region with the following objectives:
- Generation of maximum net revenue via fundraising events.
- Recruitment and retention of volunteers. • Membership acquisition and retention.
- Education of members to Delta Waterfowl mission and purpose.
- Marketing, branding and promotion of Delta Waterfowl and its programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement regional event fundraising goals and strategies.
- Create and maintain volunteer relationships.
- Build new committees of volunteers (local chapters) that believe in Delta Waterfowl’s mission.
- Assist committees to establish fundraising goals to help maximize their net revenue and gain momentum towards achieving chapter objectives. This function includes mentoring committees to: establish an event date, secure an event venue, maximize pre-event ticket sales, control costs to maximize revenue, secure underwriting, determine event size, secure and utilize an event package to maximize opportunity, secure donations for use in raffles and auctions, execute pre-event contact strategy, collection of basic information on event attendees, donors and sponsors, prompt completion and submission of post-event financial paperwork, and evaluate and develop opportunities for event fundraising growth.
- Establish an efficient schedule of in-person and phone meetings with committees.
- Post event, discuss and facilitate the local or national use of Waterfowl Heritage Funds (WHF) within the guidelines of Delta’s mission with emphasis on participation in the “First Hunt” mentored hunt program.
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting proper administrative records including expense reports, online credit card coding reports, personal leave time worksheets, event financial estimates, chapter credit card revenue reports, WHF forms, etc.
- Weekly activities update emailed to Regional Manager of Event Fundraising.
- Bi-weekly one to one conference call update with Regional Manager of Event Fundraising.
- Prospect for potential major donors, corporations or local foundations that may have an interest in Delta’s vision and pass this information on to Development Department or relevant staff in the national office.
- Attend other conservation events to document product use, event set-up, attendance, strengths and weaknesses, and new strategies.
- Work closely and in teamwork with volunteers, other RD’s, event coordinators, direct supervisors, and other Delta Staff.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the organizations programs.
- Total proficiency in Delta Waterfowl’s mission and the ability to present this message using various tools.
- Communicate monthly with chapters providing leadership, motivation, guidance, up to date news, and program updates via email, phone and on-site visits.
- Discuss and facilitate the local or national use of Waterfowl Heritage Funds (WHF) within the guidelines of Delta’s mission with emphasis on participation in the “First Hunt” mentored hunt program.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and two years or more of prior professional sales and customer service experience.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to respond to change.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, in the field (e.g., marsh, water, woods, etc.), as well as large venue locations such as a hotel, restaurant, conference and/or convention center. Frequent travel by car and airplane is required to fulfill the duties of this position. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen. The position requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse, calculator and other office equipment. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and navigate stairs. The employee must lift and move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter • Resume
- Three professional references
- Statement of expected annual salary
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!