Requisition Number: 138026
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group (DRG), has been employee owned since 1979. We specialize in managing the assets of utility companies by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career opportunities and we encourage you to join our dynamic group as a Utility Design Coordinator. Our experience has been working with a broad range of field data collecting systems and utility asset management software throughout the power distribution industry. Our capabilities allow us to integrate with any mapping or data system and develop project deliverables that will focus and utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions in the shortest time possible. Asset Management is currently seeking self-starters motivated by the type of environment that requires you to learn and develop new skills.
The Utility Design Coordinator will work effectively in a variety of computer systems and software applications. This position will effectively provide governmental, commercial, not for profit, and internal clients with the utility services and solutions needed to accurately understand designs, analyze and understand their geographic utility resources, and physical utility assets. Understand the contract and specifications of our client’s needs to develop the appropriate proactive solution(s). Conduct ongoing research and prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Organize and develop efficient daily work assignments from start to completion. The ideal candidate will also be reviewing, analyzing, and designing proposal requests with the appropriate solutions. Work regularly with telecommunication companies on behalf of electrical distribution companies. Program systems to meet client and/or project specifications. Ability to manage data holdings in an organized structure and obtain useful data sets.
● Collaborate with others (project managers, engineers, client, field technicians, and administration) to learn how to devise best infrastructure solutions.
● Execute and plan daily goals while meeting quality, time and budget constraints
● Apply electrical distribution design standards to aerial and underground pole/line cable including: Joint Use Design Make Ready, Pole Replacement, Primary Service, Reliability/Maintenance Design, Upgrades, Voltage Conversion, and Tie Lines.
● Visually identify, inspect, and record equipment and structures in the right-of-way existing electrical distribution activities
● Review 2-D Civil type design in (Microstation and SPIDA-Calc)
● Resolve anticipated construction problems through drawings overview and communication
● Select and interpret data, based on design intent
● Coordinate and plan design and drafting projects
Education and Qualifications:
● Four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Geography or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar position
● Strong skills and capabilities in at least one of the following areas of expertise: experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, desktop GIS software packages like Esri ArcGIS, QGIS, or other geospatial or design programs.
● Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) essential with management, project team, contractors, and customers, both written and verbal.
● Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
● Able to develop and manage new processes and standards
● Maintain files and records with effective filing systems
● Strong financial ability to track project expenses and budgets
● Knowledge in SAP accounting or other financial software is much preferred.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within the client’s service territory. Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement and use of company vehicle. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.