Requisition Number: 135271
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1COR - Kent-Corporate
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Job Title: SAP Project Systems Business Analyst
The Business Applications group at the Davey Tree Expert Company works as a team to focus on improving internal processes, making it easier to do business with Davey, supporting internal and external clients with technology and providing expertise in managing various projects. While we work primarily with SAP, we also develop mobile applications, integrate best-of-breed applications with SAP, provide insight through analytics, and support client-facing transactional systems.
The SAP Project Systems Business Analyst is responsible for providing SAP configuration and production support for systems related activities for SAP PS Module; looking for and executing business performance improvement projects, managing IT and non-IT projects with internal customers and external partners; providing application support to internal customers with focus on adding value to all processes; and producing training and documentation for new processes.
The SAP Project Systems Business Analyst reports to the Business Applications Manager.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities
- SAP PS Configuration
- Coordinates process and application enhancements for internal customers.
- Work with business users to find opportunities to use SAP Project Systems out-of-the-box configuration from SAP Best Practices
- Analyzes existing processes and designs new flows for technology-reliant process improvements.
- Serves as project manager for in-house development or implementation of vendor-based systems
- Works with other team members to determine the overall effect of changes and enhancements across the entire value stream. Must be able to work with Finance, Procurement, Materials Management, and HCM resources for integration between Project Systems and other modules.
- Sets up SAP Project Systems for customer-billing projects and internal projects.
- Working with Executive Management on Performance Improvement Opportunities
- Participates in the project governance committee to ensure the right projects are being chosen and executed.
- Conducts analysis for project requests to find opportunities for improvement.
- Creates and reviews designs to make sure they are in line with business objectives
- Coordinates team members in the execution of projects.
- Working with the BI team to produce analytics related to project systems.
- Testing functionality, creating documentation, and training end users on new and current functionality
- Ensures that users are kept informed of all system updates and process changes.
- Provides training and development support to users.
- Supports existing Project Systems environment in SAP
- Perform all duties as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent strongly preferred. Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Operations preferred.
- At least 3 years full-time experience with the SAP PS Module required. SAP hands-on configuration experience and daily production support in PS, integration with FI and CO, integration with Payroll, integration with SD/PM/CS.
- Experience with Concur preferred.
- Experience with Esker preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with all levels within the company required.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic required. Consulting experience is a plus. Must be able to lead initiatives with little supervision.
- SAP ECC version 6.0 experience or higher required. S4 configuration experience a plus.
- Experience leading or managing projects required. PMP, Scrum-Master or equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience with a process improvement methodology such as Lean or Six Sigma strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented collaborative environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, complex tasks and demands. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to forge direction.
- Experience with UX (User Experience) design preferred.
- Strong organizational and relational skills required. Must be able to interact professionally and confidently with both C-Level executives and staff-level employees.
- Experience building analytics & dashboards and using those to produce actionable insight to senior management strongly preferred.
- Observe and follow safety and security procedures
- Determine and apply appropriate action using guidelines and training
- Report and correct unsafe and potentially unsafe conditions
- Use and maintain equipment and materials properly
- Meet job duty requirements
- Attain project specific quality control standards
- Follow applicable laws and regulations
- Uphold organizational ethics and policies
- Actively participate in community and professional development events
- Team Work
- Balance team and individual responsibilities
- Give and listen to feedback
- Participate constructively in and conduct employee training and staff meetings
- Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to requests for service and assistance
- Contribute to building a productive team environment
- Communicate clearly, accurately, and professionally in positive and negative situations and in answering questions with employees, clients, and members of the public
- Listen and obtain clarification, interpret oral information
- Accurately read and interpret written information
- Record information clearly and accurately
Language Ability: Read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Draft intelligible, professional, and accurate reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions, in one-on-one and group situations, from managers, employees, clients, customers, and the public.
Math Ability: Perform basic arithmetic computations. Advanced mathematical capabilities may be required by project.
Reasoning Ability: Apply understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Identify, address, and resolve problems involving multiple variables and varied situations.
Computer Skills: Advanced proficiency in a variety of both common and specific computer systems or software programs is required to complete job duties in line with the Education and Qualifications section listed above.
Certificates and Licenses: Obtain and maintain required professional licenses and certifications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- Noise level and environmental changes in the work environment
- Varied indoor temperature changes
- Distractions and Interruptions
Demands: The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Write, type, file and organize
- Observe and respond to visual messages
- Observe and respond to instructions, messages and other oral communication
- Adjust quickly and efficiently from task to task with little or no effort
- Communicate clearly in a professional and understandable manner
- Bend, reach, hold, grasp, sort and organize
- Perform in the presence of distractions or work challenges
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate in employee and professional training events
Accommodations: If requested by employee or otherwise as required by law, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Employee Development & Advancement
The following are the levels of position progression associated with the Business Analyst series of roles:
- Business Analyst
- Sr Business Analyst
- Solution Architect (Non-Management Track)
- Business Analyst Team Lead (Management Track)
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.