Pay Range: $39.72 – $52.62 per hour, Commensurate
Location: Reicher Ranch, 3621 RR 620 South, Austin, TX 78738
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. Ability to attend meetings outside business hours as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Life Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning or related field, plus five (5) years of related supervisory/management experience.
- Experience developing strategic direction, managing tactical execution, and providing formal supervision for teams performing tasks related to wildlife or water quality protection through land management practices
- Experience with local, state and federal regulations, programs and industry practices related to Land Management, Water Quality Protection, Endangered Species Protection, Fire Management and habitat conservation plans
- Experience managing public land such as state parks or wilderness areas, including experience with rural roads, fences, wells, facilities public access, and land-related issues such as existing or proposed easements and encroachments
- Experience working in a political environment and defending potentially unpopular positions with boards and commissions, elected officials, citizens, and the media
- Experienced community educator on relevant division issues
- Demonstrated financial expertise to include fiscal planning, budget management, capital improvement project planning and oversight, and contract management experience
- Experience providing legislative support and acting as spokesperson for media and press inquiries
- Experience acting in a consultative role to various stakeholders including executive teams, councils, commissions, boards, government agencies and other city departments, as well as other citizen groups
- Ability to travel to more than one work location
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities
- Direct the programs/projects/activities of the division/section
- Prepare and monitors division/section budget
- Set division policy and ensure division is aligned with Department goals
- Oversee/perform contract development, preparation, and monitoring
- Perform economic forecasting and evaluation of division/section related programs
- Prepares financial summaries/reports for management review
- Develop/establish goals and priorities for departmental programs
- Provide review of and/or prepare technical reports
- Conduct needs assessment studies
- Perform supervisory duties i.e., hiring, promoting, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, etc.
- Evaluate program operations for effectiveness and efficiency to include workforce utilization
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and city codes, ordinances and regulations
- Enforce quality assurance/quality control initiatives
- Serve as member of and/or coordinate with various boards, commissions, etc.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to citizens, City Management, contractors, etc.
- Perform short term, long term planning
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Recommend termination when necessary
Perform disciplinary actions when required
Administer Success Strategy Performance Reviews (SSPR’s)
Conduct employee evaluations
Establish expectations and counsel employees on their performance
Train or arrange for training of employees as applicable
Utilize available methods of reward and recognition whenever possible
Monitor attendance, approve timesheets and requests for time off
To see additional details and to apply for this position, please visit the City’s career site at: http://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/88480