Plant Health Care Coordinator | Wickes Arborists, Rockland County, NY
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Plant Health Care Coordinator to our passionate team of tree care professionals at Wickes Arborists in Rockland County, NY. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Work as a tree doctor that makes house calls!
- Aid and assist the sales team with field estimates
- Schedule and route technicians and crews
- Develop and update annual plant health care programs
- Conduct and participate in employee training
- Manage inventory of plant health care products and equipment
- Properly identify and diagnose insects, weeds, fungus conditions, and pest prone areas
- Communicate with and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control, and fertilization service with customers
- Perform the prescribed fertilization and integrated pest management on tree and shrubs using spray and injection tools
- Continuously monitor the pest control and fertilizing methods after application and communicate progress to customers and supervisors
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate truck and sprayer equipment
- Be part of the most progressive greenspace stewardship team in the industry!
What We’re Looking For:
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist ®, ISA Certified Tree Worker ®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional ®
- Required: Valid driver’s license
- Regional plant and horticulture knowledge
- Good people skills; self-motivated; computer proficient and organized
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced with tree care, hazard tree evaluation, integrated pest management, and industry-approved tree care practices
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: Two or Four-year degree in a green industry
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job-specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Group health plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout the US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career development program supported by industry expert Safety Specialists and Skills Trainers
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- A charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
Visit www.jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.