Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Associate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and excited about supporting the development of systems and protocols to support and propel Ceres’ internal Equity and Inclusion work and external Just and Inclusive Economies (JIE) programmatic work. This position provides a combination of operational and programmatic support. This full-time role is based in the Boston office, and will initially report to the Director, Planning & Evaluation and sit within the Innovation and Evaluation Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization’s work on Just & Inclusive Economies and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- acting as a primary point of contact,
- prioritizing phone calls, correspondence, and meeting requests,
- managing calendars/schedules, and
- ensuring follow-through of specific activities and projects to completion;
- Provide support in setting agendas for meetings, taking and disseminating meeting notes, and ensuring appropriate follow-up;
- Utilize monitoring and reporting systems, or create new tools, to track our progress on meeting Ceres’ DEI and JIE goals.
- As directed, conduct research and support analysis of data on leading or best practices
- Assist in development and management of team planning, goal setting, and cross-org DEI and JIE impact tracking; including coordination, logistics, and management of team retreats;
- Assist in roll out and distribution activities of key reports and special projects;
- Assist with planning, coordination, and logistics for Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit, and other organization-wide events;
- Process expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties; and
- Support engagements with external partners, Board or President Council members, funders, and special projects, as necessary.
- Travel to meetings and events, as required.
- Handle other requirements as requested.
Support development and execution of content/programmatic elements of All Staff Meeting
Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of two years full-time work experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate findings in various situations.
- Professional demeanor and strong communications skills
- Knowledge or experience with diversity, racial justice or sustainability issues, a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong people skills with the ability to diplomatically work with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand how to manage staff expectations and provide helpful communication.
- Remain calm and thoughtful in times of crisis.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, social media, and email computer applications (Salesforce, Google Suite, MS Office Suite).
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.