Requisition Number: 131226
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Temporary
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: “On Call” Biology Field Technician
TYPE: Part-Time; Temporary 6-9 month
POSITION LOCATIONS: Central to Southern California
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Do you want a career working outdoors? Our team is composed of professional foresters, certified arborists, natural resource managers, environmental scientists, geospatial specialists, wildland firefighters, landscape, nursery, tree care and park and recreation professionals.
DRG currently has opportunities for field technicians on our Ecological Consulting Services-West team. Join us at the construction site of an electrical generation facility in California’s Central Valley grasslands, remote yet beautiful. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable training and experience with several listed species including San Joaquin kit fox, Giant kangaroo rat, California tiger salamander and golden eagle. Entry level position excavating small mammal burrows.
Must be in excellent physical condition able to perform burrow excavation with hand tools. Dust PPE is also required. Prefer previous experience working outdoors with hand tools in teams, such as trail crew work.
Part time and temporary field position; initially 2-4 weeks with potential for a longer assignment.
* Adaptable to all types of workflow
* Flexible with workload
* Open to 100% travel
* Pro-actively promote safety and maintain a safe work environment
* Ensure schedule targets are met
* Provide client & contractor support
* Respond to customer complaints and concerns
* Provide reporting and updates for management
* Assist Designated Biologists handle and relocate listed wildlife
* Excavate small mammal burrows and build fences using rock pics, shovels and other hand tools
* Long days of physically demanding work in sun, wind, and rain
* Assess sites from 2020 wildfires
* Must be willing to work Monday - Saturday
* Ability to get along well with peers and supervisors in a field setting
* Experience doing outdoor work
* Excellent physical condition – able to use shovel and other hand tools all day
* Ability to work long hours in hot, windy, and cold field conditions
* Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science or related field
* Previous field experience preferred, however, applicable academic experience would be considered
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
* Company Phone
* Opportunities for advancement
* Per diem/lodging
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.