Requisition Number: 130886
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Other
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Take ownership of your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation while growing your career in a dynamic industry! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in utility and environmental services. Become part of our energetic workforce, build your career, and emerge as a leader in the green industry. Spend your days outdoors and enjoy an engaging work environment where we apply technology, communication, and teamwork to bridge the gap between progress and nature. Get your hands and boots dirty while educating the public on the growth of trees. Our positions are for the adventurous and passionate!
What you’ll do:
• Respond to work requests, questions, and resolve property owner refusals and complaints within the authority provided by the Utility.
• Perform field inspections of vegetation management work completed by tree crews and post-circuit inspections of rework to assure compliance.
• Administer required guidance to contracted tree companies as it relates to implementing vegetation management specifications.
• Implement the quality control process.
• Perform tree-related outage investigations.
• Dispatch forestry crews; may include 24-hour on-call availability when assigned.
• Estimate work loads using predetermined methodologies.
• Review and approve contractor timesheets.
• Oversee all duties associated with clearing vegetation for new construction.
What you’ll need:
• Love of the outdoors and the ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
• Ability to read and follow GIS data and maps; ability to work independently.
• Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given a priority.
• Demonstrated expertise in problem solving, meeting deadlines, and technical innovation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Availability and desire to travel throughout the utility service area.
• Valid Driver’s License with clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle.
• Ability to identify local tree species & growth rates.
• Organizational skills; working knowledge of computers and programs, file creation, manipulation, and sharing.
• Preferred: Working knowledge of overhead construction types, able to identify basic equipment and have general understanding and knowledge of the operation of transmission and distribution facilities.
• Preferred: Two or Four-year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture or related discipline.
• Preferred: Relevant pesticide and/or Herbicide licenses and certificates, if required by state law.
• Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist®, ISA Utility Specialist®, Registered Professional Forester (RPF), Utility Right-of-Way Vegetation experience.
What you’ll get:
• Recession-resilient career opportunities tailored to your objective with a company identified by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers.
• Opportunity to work for and become an employee-owner with the largest employee-owned service company in the country.
• An innovative and success-driven work environment that provides an excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
• The opportunity to work in America’s great outdoors with teammates that will support your professional growth and managers who empower.
• Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers through the Davey Institute of Tree Science.
• A company vehicle for commuting purposes & cell phone.
• Competitive wages & excellent benefits. Pay rates based on qualifications & experience.
• Employee referral bonus program.
• Scholarship Program for Children of Employees.
• Charitable matching gift program.
• Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance.
• Discounted stock purchase options and 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
• Paid time off and paid holidays.
Who we are:
The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is focused and relentless in our pursuit to help our utility clients deliver safe and reliable power to their customers and maintain national security. We are results-driven by our great people and the technology at our fingertips. People who love being the best and being a part of building something extraordinary. People who want to create change, who love what they do and the people they do it with. We are currently hiring Arborists, Foresters, Horticulturalists, Natural Resource Specialists, and plant and outdoor enthusiasts. Various full-time positions available include; entry-level, special projects, and supervisory roles. We are seeking candidates who have positive attitudes, excellent communication skills, and critical attention to detail. Team players who have a thirst for knowledge and growth are encouraged to apply.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.