* Create and implement environmental, safety, health, and regulatory compliance programs that comply with OSHA, EPA, DOT regulatory requirements.
* Utilize metrics and data to drive continuous improvement and enable sites to achieve vision of zero injuries/incidents/non-compliance.
* Maintain records which are needed to demonstrate compliance with safety and environmental compliance. Work to proactively head off EHS issues and concerns.
* Interact with local, state, and federal authorities on regulatory matters to ensure that Afton meets all compliance obligations.
* Provide processes, procedures and instruction for personnel that ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations governing environmental, safety, and health issues.
* Provide EHS support to review proposed projects or new activities to identify and mitigate risks.
* Ensure adequate and appropriate safety, environmental, and regulatory training for personnel. Develop training programs, and secure outside training as necessary, select/recommend sources for training aids and materials as needed.
* Assist in implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the EHS management system - to sustain certification and deliver performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
* Degree in Environmental Sciences, Industrial Hygiene or Industrial Safety
* Relevant work experience in an industrial setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated effective program and project management, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
* Experience in manufacturing, laboratory and/or R&D environments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* RCRA Hazardous Waste Compliance Experience
* Advanced degree in Environmental/Health/Safety/Industrial Hygiene
* Certified CHMM, CSP, or CIH
* Emergency Response/First Aid experience
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com