Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Associate will work with institutional investors through the Ceres Land Use and Climate working group to reduce Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks associated with commodity-driven deforestation and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in agricultural supply chains. The senior associate will manage, organize, and support investor-led engagements on corporate deforestation-related risks to accelerate the adoption and implementation of no-deforestation commitments. Through this process, the senior associate will also contribute to global thought leadership through research, analysis, and linking team concepts and activities to measuring and identifying team impact.
This is a full-time, salaried position, based in the Boston office and reporting to the Director, Investor Engagement, Food and Forests.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Director of Investor Engagement, through engagement with investors on their work to address deforestation-related risks in their portfolios.
- Manage and bolster Ceres’ relationships with asset owners and asset managers, serving a dedicated portfolio of investors
- Support the Director in working with the communications team in developing media content and materials
- Organize, lead and support Food and Forest Program investor campaigns
- Support the Food and Forest Land Use and Climate working group
- Maintain and regularly update all datasets and Salesforce tracking systems to ensure contacts, meetings, meeting notes, deliverables, and other important information is tracked and available.
- Monitor investor progress on deforestation through measurement and evaluation systems.
- Research and conduct analyses of investor decision-making, and activity related to ESG matters.
- Support relationship management with investors in tracking member engagement, participation, and activities in Salesforce.
- Using Partner Engagement Management System (PEMS), coordinate outreach to members by other Ceres’ staff members, including sign-on letters.
- Manage, review, and update content and promote investor activity on the Investor Portal
- Support report preparation for internal and external audiences.
- Participate in Food and Forests and Investor team meetings, quarterly and annual program reviews, and annual planning meetings.
- Minimum of four to five years of experience where organization, writing, and research skills were developed.
- An understanding of financial markets, ESG investing, financial institutions, and or institutional investors.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), other database applications, teleconference and webinar systems and standard e-mail computer applications.
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific Ceres’ applications necessary for success: Salesforce, Bloomberg, and others.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.