The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Sustainability Specialist III in Atlanta, GA
The Environmental Lead has two primary areas of responsibility. 1) 1) Environmental sustainability - works on monitoring, tracking and reporting environmental and carbon data. The role works on operational, environmental and social sustainability initiatives in global carbon reporting, customer interfaces, employee engagement, product development, product sales, materials selection, and market intelligence. 2) Environmental compliance -responsible for ensuring company activities are compliant with federal, state, Dept. of natural resources and local permits and regulations. This position identifies and evaluates environmental operational issues and recommends changes in operational practices and procedures and company practices to improve environmental stewardship.
The focus of this role requires innovative and creative thinking around the environment and sustainability and contributes to the growth and success of a global organization. Serves as the main liaison with the global team for environmental and carbon data reporting as well as the main contact within the North American Business Unit for environmental compliance.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Lead reporting and track data in a variety of sustainability software and platforms (Engie, WeSustain, PowerBI).
- Drive sustainability activities such as zero waste, eco-efficiency, energy efficiency, and process efficiency initiatives.
- Audit, analyze and report sustainability performance to internal and external clients
- Prepare for successful audits of environmental data
- Oversee the collection and reporting of all environmental and sustainability data for North America
- Promote and increase awareness, at all levels of an organization, the impact of emerging sustainability issues
- Plan and implement environmental policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in environmentally responsible practices, correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Integrate sustainability fully into product development roadmaps and planning efforts through engineering.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for sustainability efforts and recommend strategies for proactively addressing relevant sustainability issues.
- Track and analyze sustainability, technology and innovation trends to identify growth and product opportunities. Provide recommendations to product development to meet the requirements for sustainability.
- Lead the interface with any and all government agencies and departments, domestic and international, relating to the company's responses to questions or statements of position on Sustainability related matters. This includes subjects relating to the broader topic of sustainability, such as CDP, GRI etc.
- Monitor and manage all NA data required by parent company (e.g. GEEP, quarterly carbon tracking, etc.)
- Lead the interface with any and all government agencies and departments, domestic and international, relating to the company's responses to questions or statements of position on sustainability related matters. This includes subjects relating to the broader topic of sustainability, such as CDP, GRI and other third party entities.
- Assist global with roll out and training of environmental programs, such as environmental data collection
- Promoting accomplishments in both internally and externally
- BS or Master’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Architecture or Engineering focused on sustainability and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in Strategy, Sustainable Development, Natural Capitalism, Design for Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, and Materials Science for a B2B or industrial facility.
- 6+ years of experience in corporate and/or product sustainability
- Ability to build partnerships and establish credibility at all levels of the organization and with clients through confident interpersonal, verbal and written communications and presentations
- Self-directed with positive drive and approach, including the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a virtual working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations. Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, internally and externally.
- Possess strong research and analytical skills, as well as writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to collect, organize, input, and analyze data in an extremely accurate and efficient manner, and an ability to effectively communicate the information
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and trouble-shoot issues.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs.
- The ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community regarding the sustainability program and present this information to management, public group and existing and prospective customers.
- Review and improve the accurate collection and reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual information.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions