Come Grow with us! Join the crew!
As an employee with Hartney Greymont, You are part of a premiere company offering excellence in tree and lawn care, landscaping and plant health care.
Hartney Greymont is seeking a plant health care manager to join our team. This individual will be responsible for managing and coordinating all plant health care technicians performing chemical and fertilizer applications, as well as integrated pest management visits. The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in Urban Forestry, Horticulture, or Plant and Soil Science, and/or have at least 5 years of experience in the field of plant health care.
- Diagnosing insect, disease, and physiological issues on woody plants
- Selecting and applying appropriate products and treatment methodologies
- Scheduling, routing, and managing multiple crews in a wide range of towns
- Creating, proposing, and executing PHC programs
- Training and developing team members
- Identifying new business opportunities and communicating them to the sales team
- Complete diagnostic reports
- Ability to monitor and improve profitablility of department
- Run spray and application equipment as necessary
- Remain up to date on new products and technology
- Act as a technical resource to support the sales staff
- Monitor inventory of supplies and order chemicals as necessary
- Follow strict organizational safety guidelines
- Proficient computer skills
- Shows experience with client service
- Well organized and detail orientated
- Having a positive attitude and being flexible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload and problem solve
- Able to manage a team of PHC techs and
- Proficient knowledge of safety standards
- Willingness to work overtime and Saturdays
- Mass driver's license (CDL preferred)
- Preferred: Mass Pesticide license with Category 36-Shade trees and ornamental designation
- Preferred: MAA or ISA certification
- Preferred: Degree in Arboriculture, Horticulture, Plant Science or equivalent work experience
Our pledge is to help cultivate and advance our team members careers by providing the resources to learn grow and succeed. As a large progressive company, we are proud of our high ratings and client satisfaction. Our comprehensive benefits and competitive salary packages include, year-round employment, company phone, employee-owned stock program, paid holidays and vacations, dental, health, vision, disability, life insurance, and 401k.
What We Offer:
- Paid Time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
Visit https://jobs.davey.com/ to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Hartney Greymont, a Davey company, provides a full range of tree care services and is based in the greater Boston, Mass., area. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.