HIMS EHS Specialist:
DuPont’s Healthcare Industries Material Site (HIMS) has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an EHS Specialist located in Hemlock, MI. This growing FDA and PSM regulated facility produce industry-leading Pharmaceutical tubing, Medical Devices, Fluid and Adhesive products that are used within the Healthcare Industry. The successful candidate will be passionate about applying technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills to ensure the safety of every employee.
Influential leadership is required of this position in the form of championing adherence to all safety standards, strong interpersonal skills and time spent in the field observing worker behavior. The candidate will be a partner in supporting operations and maintenance personnel. This role will support all aspects of environmental, health, safety, security, industrial hygiene and fire systems.
- Maintains all EHS related management systems including: Health Safety, Process Safety, Security, Fire and Life Safety Systems, Industrial Hygiene, and Environmental.
- Visible on the floor auditing and engaging others. EHS support on all site capital, expense and continuous improvement projects.
- Participate and lead incident investigations and the corrective action process for EHS incidents. Initiate and support MOC process.
- Leads EHS integration activities.
- Ensures that effective contractor safety programs are in place.
- Ensures that safety audits are conducted and that proper follow-up actions are taken to maintain standards of plant safety.
- Ensures effective EHS training is developed and administered as appropriate.
- Support process safety by participating in PHA’s, MOC and PSSR reviews and loss of containment investigations. Utilize health and safety expertise to obtain clear interpretations of site-specific regulatory process, regulations, laws and associated procedures.
- Deliver a collaborative and team-based approach to troubleshooting, problem solving, and driving to root cause solutions.
- Develop strategies to reduce ergonomic stressors and injuries.
- Support Environmental Reporting and Sustainability efforts.
- Collect, input and calculate health and safety reporting information.
- Works with Leadership to develop Roadmap for improved EHS performance.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com