Sustainability leader – Safety:
DuPont Water and Protection (W&P)’s purpose is: we create water, shelter and safety solutions for a more sustainable world.
The Safety line of business within the W&P portfolio combines Kevlar®, Nomex® and Tyvek®/Typar®, delivering innovation to protect life’s essential product and processes, people in critical situations, our planet and our environment.
DuPont Safety is creating a new global role to lead the Safety sustainability position externally and internally by defining and executing the Safety Sustainability strategy. The successful candidate will work externally and internally with the Safety leadership team, the corporate sustainability team and multiple functions to develop, influence and help implement the safety sustainability strategy.
- Develop and implement the safety sustainability strategy through leadership and expertise, ensuring that safety sustainability goals and KPIs are aligned with our customer expectations and meeting the corporate sustainable goals.
- Coordinate development of Safety business commitments to improvements on chosen sustainability metrics.
- Engage externally to ensure that our global development and trends related to sustainability are current and collaborate with our marketing and technology teams to ensure relevance to business needs and competitiveness in our safety market segments.
- Communicate the safety sustainability vision, priorities and progress to the Safety GLT and to the broader safety organization
- Coordinate with Marketing Communications the development of sales media that aids the reporting of Safety business sustainability commitments and progress against metrics.
- Embed sustainability in our ongoing managing processes across all the functions. Initiate and drive the establishment of Life cycle analysis for the Safety Assets in collaboration with our technology and manufacturing organizations.
- Enable circular initiatives delivering competitive advantage in our segments
- Influence the value chain by being an advocate and champion to position the Safety organization as an industry thought leader and Collaborate with our functions to influence change
- Train the safety organization in principle of sustainability to ensure that key sustainability trends are understood, the potential impact on our businesses are defined
- Provide though leadership in acquisitions, divestitures and sustainable business model innovation
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, Business or related field, with minimum of 5 years’ work experience in the formation fields. Master’s degrees in a relevant field are preferred; A minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in Sustainability field and passion for the matter; Has acted in one or more of the following customer or industry facing roles including but not limited to sustainability, advocacy, public policy, sales, marketing, technical service.
- Demonstrated thought Leadership in sustainability with a thorough and strategic understanding of the global environment and sustainability landscape, the roles of different stakeholders, and a track record in delivering strategic environment and sustainability programs at a global scale.
- Demonstrated Strategic Thinking in Evaluating internal and external environment to develop long-term strategies and plans that create competitive advantage for organizations. Effective and collaborative engagement across a global, matrix organization to assert influence to ensure best outcomes.
- Maintaining a strong network of external perspectives that bring in benchmark insights and innovative approaches;
- Ability to work independently and be strategic in thinking in ambiguous situations Experience with life-cycle assessment including strong familiarity LCA methods Familiarity with circularity on a global scale
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com