Sustainability and Remediation Program Manager Job Description
Position Summary: The Sustainability and Remediation Program Manager will be responsible for leading and/or supporting elements of the AdvanSix Sustainability Program. The position will work on an ongoing basis with Manufacturing Sites, Functional and Corporate personnel, and external resources to develop and mature the program elements to World Class Levels. The position will also manage, coordinate, and implement programs related to the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) waste management and corrective actions remediation programs across AdvanSix.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Remediation and Environmental Programs
1. Develop, Implement, Improve, and Track the RCRA waste management, remediations programs and standards, and corporate waste minimization programs.
2. Set clear expectations related to what is required by each AdvanSix facility to ensure compliance and establish a process to verify compliance.
3. Manage RCRA and Remediation consultant resources where required.
4. Oversee the site-specific Remediation programs and maintain a compliance verification process in place to meet regulatory and project management requirements.
5. Maintain strong routine communication with Corporate Finance, Legal and HSE management relative to Remediation financial reserves and potential triggering events
6. Work with AdvanSix sites to complete the RCRA portions of the self-assessment process.
7. Manage the Waste Facility Approval process
8. Assist sites in identifying engineering controls, and HSE work practices to minimize potential human health and environmental risks.
9. Develop, implement, and improve the EPCRA data collection, documentation, and reporting program. Assist with identification processes, evaluated, and controlled.
• Sustainability Council
1. Attend and support Sustainability Council meetings including follow-up on SME action items
2. Support goal development and quarterly reporting on status/ performance
3. Lead steering groups educate working teams through communication, training, workshops, and data capture; facilitate collaboration across the company to identify and implement sustainability initiatives and strategic partnerships to support company’s goals and strategies
• Sustainability Report
1. Data consolidation and reporting on all metrics for the Sustainability Report
2. Contributor on development Sustainability Report
3. Lead oversight for reporting (and interfacing with SMEs) regarding environmental, climate change, air emissions, energy, electricity, and water metrics
• ACC Sustainability Pilot Program
1. Data consolidation and reporting for the Sustainability Pilot Program (except D&I, Community Engagement as we more clearly define internally)
• Stakeholder Support
1. Support commercial teams in connection with sustainability feedback from customers
2. Support sustainable product development initiatives
3. Interface for 3rd party survey requests (coordination with SMEs depending on scope of ask)
4. Support sustainable supply chain initiatives (TBD)
5. Evaluate external proposals for Sustainability projects and provide recommendation to Council [i.e., participating in development efforts or forums]
6. Lead benchmarking activities with industry partners
7. Nurture and support a strong network of internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver balanced sustainable solutions and systemic business models
8. Support discussions with authorities on sustainability policy matters relevant to the companies, e.g., on energy efficiency and recycling
1. Proactively seek sustainability benefits for existing operations
2. Support triple bottom line efforts with Capex projects (help collect/ provide data on sustainable attributes)
3. Promote and review capital projects in support of the RCRA and Remediation programs, as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry, hydrogeology, environmental science, or related science
• Minimum 10 years of experience in applicable roles in manufacturing including Project / Program Management of Energy Initiatives and/or Waste/Remediation
• 10 years in a chemical or petrochemical environment
• Working knowledge of Sustainability Requirements
• Advanced RCRA training; current and annual refresher
• Proficiency in managing a RCRA Part B permitted facility
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communication to all levels including with Senior Leadership and key external Stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams in a self-directed manner
• Ability to effectively coordinate and advance multiple initiatives concurrently
• Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
• Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently
• Certification as a Certified Hazardous Material Manager
• Self-motivated with strong initiative and bias for action
• Uncompromising drive for excellence and willingness to escalate issues as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and their use in effective data analysis and data driven storytelling
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com