Requisition Number: 118126
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Temporary
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Tree Risk Assessment Qualified Arborist
Details: 3-6 month project, minimum commitment of 2 months required, 6x10 hour days, $35 per diem 7 days per week, housing provided, compensated flights, $30-$33/hour
POSITION LOCATIONS: Central to Southern California
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Our job is to help our clients provide a safe and reliable power source through proper vegetation management practices.
Do you want a career working outdoors? The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring certified arborists, professional foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, environmental scientists, landscape, nursery, tree care and parks and recreation professionals, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
* Hazard tree inspections
* Communicate with landowners regarding work on or near their property
* Collect and enter data on handheld devices, follow maps and use GPS navigation
* Assess all terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
* Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
* Willingness to travel throughout California
* Embraces an outdoor and independent work environment
* Thrives on adaptation, continual learning and training and is detail oriented
* Possess knowledge of local tree species and species specific growth rates
* Has ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Is a great communicator and team player
* International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist
* Tree Risk Assessment Qualified Arborist
* Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or a related discipline
* Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle on rough roads
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
* Company Phone
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.